Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where does Land of the Dead belong? - Part II

United States

Where does Land of the Dead belong? - Part II

All credit to zombie 04 for starting this line of discussion. Maybe I am the only one who finds it irritating, but once a thread gets too big it is hard for me to follow all the "more replies below current depth" links to get to the new posts.

Anyway, I just watched Land again. I think this is the only 3rd time I have watched it, once in the theatre, once when the DVD first came out, and now. Funny, after watching it this time I cant remember why I didnt like it too much. It actually was very enjoyable. But as far as the timeline goes, everyone keeps saying that Land is "three years" after the outbreak. I saw no reference to that whatsoever. The only thing that I guess makes people say three years is that Cholo says to Kaufman "I've worked for you for 3 years". Wouldnt it be more logical that Cholo worked for Kaufman before the outbreak, and continued his employ after the outbreak? What, a rich powerful guy like Mr. K would not want to deal with anyone who he had dealings with before the outbreak? Seems more likely that he would want to deal with people he already knew and knew he could trust (read: manipulate). Is this why people say three years later, or is there some other time reference that I missed? I cant imagine that all the people outside the Green who were ****ed off about the people inside the Green would still be standing outside bitching 3 years later. As Big Daddy showed, anyone could easily get in the building by simply smaching the glass. And when the guy hangs himself, the wife seemed totally unfamiliar with the idea that he was going to "come back". Three years had passed and she doesnt know this yet??!? I submit that this had to be much less than 3 years into the plague.

Banned User

United States
    I'd say that Land belongs in the garbage...right along with "Jack's Wife", "The Crazies", and "There's Always Vanilla"....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Svengoolie
    I'd say that Land belongs in the garbage...right along with "Jack's Wife", "The Crazies", and "There's Always Vanilla"....
    Don't you have a Bad News Bears convention to attend?

Banned User

United States
    How many times are you going to edit that post?

United States
    How many times are you going to edit that post?
    How may times are you going to change 'net personas? AuntieBurny?

Banned User

United States
    How may times are you going to change 'net personas? AuntieBurny?
    How many times are you going to attempt to lure me (and 75% of the other unfortunate people you attempt to interact with on this site) into a flame....instead of trying to contribute something--anything worthwhile?

Canada
    is that all you can do is talk sh## about romero movies. if you dont like his movies take a hike

United States
    How many times are you going to attempt to lure me (and 75% of the other unfortunate people you attempt to interact with on this site) into a flame....instead of trying to contribute something--anything worthwhile?
    I lure no-one
    maybe you should put in your betamax vid of the "bears" and snort a pill or two.
    har dee har har har har.

peace, man.........come on!

Banned User

United States
    Ditto for you, jdog.

I lure no-one
    maybe you should put in your betamax vid of the "bears" and snort a pill or two.
    har dee har har har har.

peace, man.........come on!
    That...from the founder of Crack House Chat?

In fact, the most detailed post I've ever seen you contribute to this site as a whole was the one dealing with your extensive use of illegal drugs.

Stop trying to interact with me.
    Last edited by Svengoolie; 25-May-2006 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    Ditto for you, jdog.

In fact, the most detailed post I've ever seen you contribute to this site as a whole was the one dealing with your extensive use of illegal drugs.

wow.....................wow

Canada
    Ditto for you, jdog.

i'm not trying to start a flame war. all i want to know is why you keep comeing to this site if you dont like GAR"S MOVIES.

Banned User

United States
    I like SOME of GAR's movies...but not all of them.

If you actually read my posts you'd know that.

Canada
    i read your posts and know that you like some of GAR'S movies. but you are very critical of most of them. even romers worst movie you have to admitt is not really that bad and has entertainment value for a true GAR fan.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenochrome
    wow.....................wow
    Look, burny, I will interact with whoever I choose.
    Last edited by Adrenochrome; 25-May-2006 at 12:31 PM.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jdog
    i read your posts and know that you like some of GAR'S movies. but you are very critical of most of them. even romers worst movie you have to admitt is not really that bad and has entertainment value for a true GAR fan.
    You're right. Romero's worst film is golden compared to films these days....

It really doesn't make sense for someone to come to a website dedicated to a film maker, just to bash that film maker. Someone is clawing for attention.