Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UK promo campaign

capncnut

UK promo campaign

Is it me or is Diary getting some good promotions here at the moment? I've had Channel 4 on for a couple of hours and the TV spot has been on about ten times, flip through the papers and there's some nice juicy ads and I've noticed some billboard-age going on in town.

About bloody time as well!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Is it me or is Diary getting some good promotions here at the moment? I've had Channel 4 on for a couple of hours and the TV spot has been on about ten times, flip through the papers and there's some nice juicy ads and I've noticed some billboard-age going on in town.

About bloody time as well!
    I've not seen anything part from a poster at a cinema, where it's maybe not even showing
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    At least you guys got some ads, and commercials.

We didn't get jack here in the states aside from one radio spot I heard on the way to work, and one 10 second spot on local DC station. Only reason I caught the movie was because someone in this forum was gracious enough to list the theaters showing Diary in the states.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    At least you guys got some ads, and commercials.

We didn't get jack here in the states aside from one radio spot I heard on the way to work, and one 10 second spot on local DC station. Only reason I caught the movie was because someone in this forum was gracious enough to list the theaters showing Diary in the states.
    I didn't see ANY advertising for the flick. Like you, the only way I knew it was playing was though this site.

What are the TV spots like, Capn?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    aye, bus stop posters, posters on the sides of double deckers, web crap galore, tv spots and ads before 9 o clock, i never saw ANYTHING when ladn was released.

Administrator

England
    A mate of mine heard Romero on BBC4 radio this morning obviously plugging the film...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I've seen a TV spot once, and I saw a poster at Cardiff cinema when I went to see the awesomeness that is Rambo.

I've seen the odd ad here and there, but seem to be personally missing the trailers on TV.

I saw plenty of adverts for Land though, that TV spot was on loads.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    What are the TV spots like, Capn?
    Here ya go, Bassman.

United States
    You guys think of us when you go see it we have our tongues hanging out wishing we were there at the theaters with you guys!!
    Have fun and dont forget us eating our heart out here!

Super Moderator

UK
    Providing everything goes to plan, I'm mere hours away from seeing it.

*tickles balls in a fit of excitement*

Administrator

England
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7280793.stm

[QUOTE=capncnut;135357]Here ya go, Bassman.

I don't like how that body sits up so quick... They should be slow! Not fast!!
    Last edited by Neil; 07-Mar-2008 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    "Every time I do one of these, I spend all my time in the shower thinking how I'm going to knock these guys off," he laughs.

"That's where the applause comes from in my films - good zombie kills!"
    Damn straight.

Blimey, I'm setting off in an hour to the cinema, in 2 hours I'll be struggling to contain myself as the film gets underway - as long as everything goes to plan of course. Last time I went to the cinema to see Rambo, my nearest had no water and was closed, so we had to go to the next city (all-in-all that day it was a 105 mile round trip).

*rubs hands*

Canny wait! Canny wait!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Here ya go, Bassman.

I don't like how that body sits up so quick... They should be slow! Not fast!!
    It's not that fast in the film. I think they just made it faster for the promos.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    A mate of mine heard Romero on BBC4 radio this morning obviously plugging the film...
    Actually he hardly plugged it at all. He pretty much said that the Zombie movies were his "ticket to ride and if they nuked Washington next week, he could glue on zombies and get a movie deal out of it!"

You can hear the interview at http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/netwo...dio4/today_thu
    just fast-forward to 2hr 20m - it's only a few minutes long and wasnt particularly insightful.

capncnut
    Been back from seeing Diary for a few hours now. I'll get around to writing a review soon when I can manage it - got Bronchitis at the moment and I'm all messed up.

Summed up briefly: same as what I said before, it's okay. I prefer Land myself. My main problem is that it feels too different from the others, it's a new franchise and it shows.