Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My xbox died...!!

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed

My xbox died...!!

Bloody three days into Left 4 Dead, and the bloody video card has died...sure, it's being replaced...and I'm borrowing a mate's xbox as replacement for a while - but damnit!!!! I thought Elites were better than the older ones, but obviously it's more of m$ and their badly made hardware...that's my second xbox repair now....arghh
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    If its being replaced and you even have a temporary system until then...what's the problem?

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    This is why I bought my [third] 360 from Best Buy; so I could get their 3-year warranty, which is only $30, that way if my XBOX ever ****s up I can just take it to them and they'll immediately give me a replacement. I'm not going to wait around for Microsoft to send me back a refurbished machine when Best Buy will give me a brand new one.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    lol?

if its rrod just ring ms and theyll exchange it for free, if not, make it overheat till it IS rrod

United States
    I've neevr had a problem with my 360, well once it eat up Dead Rising, but that was because it was verticle on a long play

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    It's not RROD but it is being replaced regardless...thank God....it's still a problem, because like some people here who this happened to after GTA4 came out, I was well looking forward to spending some time enjoying L4D, but damnit damnit damnit!!!!
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

England
    Im glad i never bought one,from all the stuff ive heard they have to be the most unreliable console in history!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    It's not RROD but it is being replaced regardless...thank God....it's still a problem, because like some people here who this happened to after GTA4 came out, I was well looking forward to spending some time enjoying L4D, but damnit damnit damnit!!!!
    Dude, I know how this feels, and I also know how little sympathy you will get from some about this. My first xbox 360 ate not only GTA4, but Dead Rising as well, and then went to hell when I was playing my second copy of GTA4. Like Mike, I went to Best Buy and shelled out for their warranty when I recently got my new console. It's not that I hate xbox, but it is obvious to me that there must be something inherently wrong with their design given the widespread issues.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Im glad i never bought one,from all the stuff ive heard they have to be the most unreliable console in history!
    This is true - but it's also the greatest in history...

Undisclosed
    I still have my original 360, bought the day they came out...knock on wood...No problems yet...except that the vid cord came out a little once and caused a RROD but a push in the back and pop it was fine. I did install one of those madcatz fan things right away when the reports started to come in about the heat thing...I feel bad for all who have had an issue. Good luck with your rebuild.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    This is true - but it's also the greatest in history...
    the PS1 holds that crown i think,back in '98 i didnt know anybody who didnt own one!visually its tailing behind the PS3 a bit as well,although probably not noticably to most console gamers.
    However,i wont be owning either the PS3 or the 360,as my PC wipes the floor with both of them after rubbing their noses in dog turds

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Ahhh the PC is better argument...all I can say to that is....well, enjoy it while it's in date. One thing i love about consoles, they have about 7 years in them...PCs have about 3 months...still, enjoy!

Ps1 was great wasn't it? MGS, Wipeout, Resi Evil...great games, legends in their own right...they set the stone for gaming just like Dawn did for zombie movies...absolutely stunning...

But I guess, it's been outclassed now, but if it wasn't for ps1, we would be playing philips CDis or something...lol

England
    well,my PC is a year old now & im still running all the cutting edge games on the highest settings,and ive still got a spare graphics card slot & several ram slots i can fill,it'll last me at least til the X-box & ps3 have run their course

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    I got a pretty sick PC too - what do you think to it:

AMD 2.0ghz dual core 3800
    2gb ram
    nvidia geforce 8600gts 256mb....

But I just can't be arsed to play PC games...!

England
    i mostly tend to use my PC for console style games actually,mainly first person shooters!although im quite partial to "proper PC games" like company of heroes,medieval 2,sudden strike etc when im in the mood