Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead bloopers (spoilers)

United States

Walking Dead bloopers (spoilers)

Warning: Plot Spoilers Ahead
    ===============================

In the pilot episode 101 "Days Gone By"

1. At the road block Deputy Leon is told to make sure he has a round in the chamber and the safety off. However the Glock handgun doesn't have a traditional safety mechanism to engage or disengage. Instead it features a unique "safe action" trigger design.

2. In the hospital scene, note that portions of the building still have emergency power and illuminated exit signs. By law stairwells in public buildings must be equipped with emergency lighting system and exit signs that include a backup battery system. Self Luminous exit signs using tritium are common in American government buildings since 9/11.

3. The M-1 Abrams main battle tank used by the US military has a very low ground clearance, and does not have a bottom hatch.

The older M-60 series tanks with a bottom hatch were retired from US service in 2000. Remaining models were sold to foreign countries, dumped into the ocean as artificial reefs for scuba diving, or scrapped and donated to municipal and veterans groups for static display.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Undisclosed
    Okay, now you're just looking for trouble. j/k

United States
    Yeah, the Glock mistake kinda bugged me too.

Regarding the tank, on the shots down his legs and the reversals, it never shows the tanks opening either. Even if the tank had one, it's not shown in the shot!
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter View Post
    1. At the road block Deputy Leon is told to make sure he has a round in the chamber and the safety off. However the Glock handgun doesn't have a traditional safety mechanism to engage or disengage. Instead it features a unique "safe action" trigger design.
    Good catch. I would have to go back and look, but I thought he "cocked" the gun to put the round in the chamber?

Another thing I would have to double check, but I think Rick fires off too many rounds and we never see him reload his revolver. Although that's a common movie cliche. Like shifting gears for no apparent reason...
    Last edited by bassman; 05-Nov-2010 at 07:33 PM. Reason: 1

United States
    perhaps in regards to #1, rick was unaware of what sort of firearm his comrade was using, and just threw out the general "get your shit together" warning to deputy dipshit.

holy fuck, this series is gonna be the end of life as we know it on these boards.

England
    The Glock comment could simply be taken as Rick telling the guy to make sure his weapon was primed and ready to fire, not a "model specific" comment.

Edit: Prof C got there before me...damn him, damn him to Hell!!!!
    Last edited by Legion2213; 05-Nov-2010 at 07:32 PM. Reason: ...if it wasn't for that pesky Prof
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter View Post
    Warning: Plot Spoilers Ahead
    ===============================

In the pilot episode 101 "Days Gone By"

1. At the road block Deputy Leon is told to make sure he has a round in the chamber and the safety off. However the Glock handgun doesn't have a traditional safety mechanism to engage or disengage. Instead it features a unique "safe action" trigger design
    That's a blooper in some people's opinion, eh?

"Make sure you have a round chambered and that your unique safe action trigger design--both the term 'unique safe action trigger design' and specific configuration it refers to are trademarked properties of Glock Ges.m.b.H., all rights reserved, by the by--doesn't get in your way!"

That would be compelling dialogue, right?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Edit: Prof C got there before me...damn him, damn him to Hell!!!!

there's plenty of people who have expressed this sentiment at me in my lifetime. i'd be surprised if there isn't a facebook group out there for you guys.

EDIT: and in regards to my earlier posting about TWD ending life as we know it on these boards, i think that was a mistake, as this place is probably gonna just carry on as normal, with lots of over-analyzing, arguing, drama, joking, etc.

carry on, boys.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 05-Nov-2010 at 07:53 PM. Reason: reasons, schmeesons

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    That's a blooper in some people's opinion, eh?

Weren't you the guy that under 45 minutes ago left a comment in the "overrated" thread abour how our nitpicking and dissections of these things are supposed to all be in good fun?

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

Weren't you the guy that under 45 minutes ago left a comment in the "overrated" thread abour how our nitpicking and dissections of these things are supposed to all be in good fun?
    Hey, man, my points in both cases are valid. If it's a blooper to have someone speaking in a way that seems normal to the audience, makes sense in the situation and doesn't presuppose a godlike knowledge of all aspects of the character's surroundings, then we'll be listing bloopers all day long.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Hey, man, my points in both cases are valid. If it's a blooper to have someone speaking in a way that seems normal to the audience, makes sense in the situation and doesn't presuppose a godlike knowledge of all aspects of the character's surroundings, then we'll be listing bloopers all day long.
    Sounds like a great idea.

I had a thought:

About the spike strips - they're not exactly designed to flip a car over 8 times are they? And in every reality cop show I've seen, a cop sticks next to the spikes to pull them away after they have hit - our guys in TWD put them down and ran away - what if some random civvie pulled onto that road?

The design nowdays is such that they let the air out of the tyres slowly, rather than shattering them and causing a massive pile up.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Aaland
    I have a lot of army buddies, with multiples tours in the middle east who are in fact tankers and drove the M-1 Abrams. I'm pretty sure you don't need keys to start that model of tank, I'm pretty you just push a button to start the tank. I also heard they're not that much harder to drive than a car. It would be pretty cool if Rick knew that and started that bad boy up and made zombie pancakes. haha

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    holy fuck, this series is gonna be the end of life as we know it on these boards.

Undisclosed
    Is it possible that the firearm in question was not a Glock? Perhaps a FNH with a thumb safety. Or perhaps they had a thumbsafety installed? I usually find that sort of stuff really anoying but in this case I was able to look past it.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    there's plenty of people who have expressed this sentiment at me in my lifetime. i'd be surprised if there isn't a facebook group out there for you guys.

EDIT: and in regards to my earlier posting about TWD ending life as we know it on these boards, i think that was a mistake, as this place is probably gonna just carry on as normal, with lots of over-analyzing, arguing, drama, joking, etc.

carry on, boys.
    Ahem, and girls/ladies???