Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Uwe Boll to quit....

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i posted the same one on here a while back when it was at 10,000, 8000 more people msutve got sick of him since then

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I have signed it myself twice.

Wow I must be dyslexic.

I have signed it twice myself.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    for the love of all that's holy - everyone sign this. get everyone you know to sign it, even if they aren't familiar with the horror of uwe boll.

think of the children.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I'm not gonna sign it. Why would I want someone who loves making movies to stop making movies? Better just not watch them.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I'm not gonna sign it.
    Neither am I. Why should Uwe Boll stop making films? Okay, he's a crap director but somebody must be getting a kick out of his movies. Why should I deny them that. I could name a few others that are worse than him.

United Kingdom
    46500 Total Signatures now

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I have to agree with Ned and Capn. True, he makes horrible films, but that doesn't mean has to quit doing so. If I don't like his work, I just don't watch it.

Ed Wood made sh*tty films, but the history of cinema wouldn't be the same without him...
    Last edited by bassman; 07-Apr-2008 at 03:52 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah, but Ed Wood wore women's clothes, instead of fighting critics (who can't box) in a boxing ring (where Boll is adept).

Ed Wood also came up with his own (albeit lame) stories. Uwe Boll just rapes a bunch of videogame franchises and uses oddball German legislation to make sh*t movies that'll make nobody any money, movies which cost waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than Plan 9 or whatever.

Plus, Ed Wood has really cheap production values and makes a crap movie, which is entertaining because it's so bad.

Uwe Boll makes really expensive movies that are completely awful, and not in a 'good cos it's bad' way either ... they're just a bucket of ebola.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Yeah, but Ed Wood wore women's clothes, instead of fighting critics (who can't box) in a boxing ring (where Boll is adept).

Ed Wood also came up with his own (albeit lame) stories. Uwe Boll just rapes a bunch of videogame franchises and uses oddball German legislation to make sh*t movies that'll make nobody any money, movies which cost waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than Plan 9 or whatever.

Plus, Ed Wood has really cheap production values and makes a crap movie, which is entertaining because it's so bad.

Uwe Boll makes really expensive movies that are completely awful, and not in a 'good cos it's bad' way either ... they're just a bucket of ebola.
    I didn't mean for the Wood reference to be my main point. My point is - who cares if this guy is making bad films? Let him have fun with it. Nobody is making people watch his films...

capncnut
    This twattish petition wont stop Uwe Boll making films. He wont even get a million signatures.

Fiji
    meh, he's a **** and a worthless human being. but honestly there are worse films that the crap boll pumps out.

Undisclosed
    "German director Uwe Boll says he will quit making films if a petition demanding him to stop gets 1 million signatures."

He's acknowledged the petition which means he sees it as a publicity opportunity. Why else call for one million signatures demanding that you cease your craft? Today's "artists" would rather be infamous than forgotten.

Administrator

England
    Can we organise a petition for his immediate suicide?

I'll sign that one a million times myself!

Canada
    Heres an idea

Stop watching his movies if they make you so pissed off. Seriusly, it's annoying to hear this about him all the time. as has been allready said, he enjoys making movies; and there are obviusly people out there who enjoy his films.

There is always a niche for a film, no matter what popular opinion is, someone will enjoy it, why take that away from them? All you have to do is not watch the films, not pay attention to him, and you'll be good.

There are plenty of people who absolutely HATE the Dead Series and Romero, or think he's a hack, but there are obviusly those who enjoy his films (as this, and numerous other sites would present) , and if he suddenly stopped making anything, how would you all feel? Now replace Romero with Uwe Boll, and you'll get what not only I, but others here are saying.