Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What happened George?

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

What happened George?

What the fuck is going on with Romero? His movies are getting worse. Land of the Dead wasn't that bad, but also wasn't that good by any means. Diary was ok, ans Survival of the Dead was a comedy, no? Give me Dawn or Day anytime:

United States
    welcome. we've been scratching our collective heads about this one for the last handful of years, so you're gonna fit right in here.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Thank you sir. Walking Dead made everything he has done over the past few years look silly. That show is sick. I think the only way he can be successful again is to get a 100 grand budget, no name actors, and avoid all this hollywood shit.

---------- Post added at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

Whats his next project anyway? Anything in the works?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    We had heard that he has ideas for one or two more films continuing the diary/survival characters, but no word on whether they'll be made.
    Last edited by bassman; 30-Mar-2011 at 12:13 PM. Reason: .

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    I hope he makes more... But only if they're good... Hm, sounds familiar...

Undisclosed
    A bigger budget does not always equate to a better film. Such is true in the case of Romero's latest zombie films. Hollywood always has a way of messing up a good thing. Let's see here, before Hollywood's involvement; Night, Dawn, and Day. After their involvement; Land, Diary, and Survival. Gee, thanks Hollywood!
    Your ignorance is exceeded only by your charm, Captain. How can we expect them to behave if we act barbarically ourselves?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    time passes people change, peoples tastes and nuances in there artistic styles changed- and in my opinion the poor bastards sick of zombies but cant get work doing anything else.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
    A bigger budget does not always equate to a better film. Such is true in the case of Romero's latest zombie films. Hollywood always has a way of messing up a good thing. Let's see here, before Hollywood's involvement; Night, Dawn, and Day. After their involvement; Land, Diary, and Survival. Gee, thanks Hollywood!
    Diary and Survival were independent films like the original trilogy. Land is the only real "Hollwood" film of the group.

Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    and in my opinion the poor bastards sick of zombies but cant get work doing anything else.
    QFT.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    and in my opinion the poor bastards sick of zombies but cant get work doing anything else.
    I agree with this 100%. I think George has been pigeonholed as "the zombie film guy", and it has made it hard for him to do anything else. He has the passion & talent to do other types of films, but like they say, dance with the date that brought you, and the "Dead" films are what made him famous.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Diary and Survival were independent films like the original trilogy. Land is the only real "Hollwood" film of the group.
    I stand corrected. I thought that Diary & Survival also had Hollywood dollars behind them. Thanks for the correction, bassman.
    Your ignorance is exceeded only by your charm, Captain. How can we expect them to behave if we act barbarically ourselves?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    No problem. I remember everyone was so excited when Diary was announced because it was Romero "going back to his roots". Land had disappointed some, if not most(not me - I like it), so everyone thought Diary would be the true return to form for Romero after Hollywood interfered with Land. Then Diary was released. Two years later Survival came along. Turns out Hollywood wasn't the one preventing another excellent entry....

Undisclosed
    I think something happened when he broke up with Christine.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk44 View Post
    What the fuck is going on with Romero? His movies are getting worse. Land of the Dead wasn't that bad, but also wasn't that good by any means. Diary was ok, ans Survival of the Dead was a comedy, no? Give me Dawn or Day anytime:
    It was the 60s & 70s...homeboy was probably hi half the time!
    I SMELL SOME POO...

United States
    He just doesn't have his original crew anymore and times are different.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Land was awesome. I can see how many would hate Diary and definitely Survival, but geez. Land is a polished gem. Finally, zombies done right.
    As much as I love the original trilogy, it still has its fair share of cheese.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Land was awesome. I can see how many would hate Diary and definitely Survival, but geez. Land is a polished gem. Finally, zombies done right.
    As much as I love the original trilogy, it still has its fair share of cheese.
    The main problem with Land is people just hate Big Daddy. He's no Bub.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."