Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun buying opinions, (since Cb is still lurking.)

Fiji

Thumbs up Gun buying opinions, (since Cb is still lurking.)

I'm getting something new for concealed carry. i love my p229, but the thing is a monster to lug around all day in an SOB holster, along with two+ mags. further it constantly makes my Kilt all but fall off of me.

Here's what i've boiled down my options too, considering i want to stay with 9mm.

A glock 19, or possible a 26 (the 26 is almost too small for my hands.).
    A HK USP compact.
    Or a Springfield XD compact.

Ideally i'm looking for something i can carry on my hip or SOB and not look like i have an abnormal groth protruding from my waist.

Discuss

Super Moderator

UK
    You carry a gun around alllll day? Where the hell do you live, downtown Iraq?

Fiji
    Reading,Pa. we have one of the highest murder rates per population density in the country. Reading is always in the ton 10% when the FBI complies they're yearly crime statistics.

those facts aside. I carry more so because there are so many assholes out there.

Fiji
    nice, sweet i'm like 3 miles from where 61 hits 12.

i was playing with an HK last week, i'm thinking i migt do that, just because i think i'm going to throw a tac light on whatever i buy. the HK compact has that rail already built into it.

reading isn't all that bad, it's just you learn to avoid certain areas. as with most other places.

Banned User

United States

Thumbs up Buy a Derringer!

Those little pistols are cool as hell, and fit right in the palm of your hand! If some guy walks up to you starting some sh*t, you can pull that baby out and shoot him in the face before he even knows what hit him!

In this day and age, with all the arabs, and blacks, and mexicans, and crazy a*s white punks running around, I don't blame you for taking full advantage of the conceal and carry law!
    Last edited by Tri0xin; 02-Mar-2006 at 12:14 AM.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I used to live near reading and DJ'd at a bar in Kutztown called Shorty's back in the late 90's.

Small world aint' it.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Fiji
    indeed it is Dj.

Trioxin: racisis is the last rreason anyone should have a firearm. honestly most of my problems in life stem from cacuasians.

Banned User

United States

Thumbs up Guns don't discriminate...

Quote Originally Posted by p2501
    indeed it is Dj.

Trioxin: racisis is the last rreason anyone should have a firearm. honestly most of my problems in life stem from cacuasians.
    Yeah. I know what you mean. There's a lot of crazy white people running around too. Still never hurts to be armed though. If they run up on you looking to start some sh*t, you'll have cold steel to settle the situation.

Fresh Meat

United States
    i really like the glock 23, for weight purposes mostly. i can hardly feel it on my side compared to the 9 mil i used to carry. Its a tad small for my hand but once i got used to it i like it.

As for concealment, it hides well, but Alaska is a right to carry state. No permits here.

Fiji
    very cool. the 23 is a .45 right? i think when i break for a .45 i'm going with a springfeild, i know too many professionals that swear by them to use anything else.

i do miss my old glock 17c though. that was a neat gun.

Fresh Meat

United States
    no, .40.

seen that smooth edged sig yet?

Fiji
    oh, ok.

yeah on the Sig, i basicly live on their website.

Fresh Meat

United States
    pretty slick, pun intended heh.

United States
    Instead of getting another semi auto, I'd get a Smith and Wesson 'J' frame revolver. The hammerless version works great, no sharp edges to catch in your pocket.

Undisclosed
    I don't carry a hip gun--too heavy and it looks like you are wearing a colostomy bag or carrying a gun. You can carry a full size pistol with lasers, lights and Christmas tree ornaments in the car. For concealed, I prefer the simple S & W air weight .38 hammerless as show in a pic in an above post. It disappears in a pocket holster in a pair of shorts or dockers. It does print on jeans unless you get them a bit lose. For sob carry, its invisible. The weight is not even noticeable and with +P+ hollowpoints it has plenty of fire power. Its a last resort belly gun for self preservation and not for taking pot shots across a parking lot. But, thats fine because thats the whole point of concealed. The first rule is to run away and never pull a hogleg unless your life is in immediate danger.