Thread: Dredd sequel (film)

Administrator

England

Dredd sequel (film)

Karl Urban has hinted that a sequel might be a possibility - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/66311

.."conversations’’ are taking place between the studio, the director and writer Alex Garland. He commented that the cinema release of Dredd was badly handled but the film had found its audience on DVD and it has been noticed by the studio.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK

Dredd was friggin' awesome and I'd dearly love to see a follow-up, so here's hoping! There's certainly been a lot of fan chat about it across the internet, so there's clearly a huge desire for it.

Ireland
    Oh please, please, please....
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

England
    Holy drokk.
    Fingers and toes crossed
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

England
    Hope it happens...
    "and I looked and beheld, a zombie stamped with the number of the Beast"

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Loved the film. One of those unique films I've seen over and over. Saw it in 3D at the cinema, then I bought it on blu-ray. Seen it three times since!

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Loved the film. One of those unique films I've seen over and over. Saw it in 3D at the cinema, then I bought it on blu-ray. Seen it three times since!
    Aye. There hasn't been one single person that i've shown it to that hasn't been thoroughly impressed and really really enjoyed themselves.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA