Thread: wow, guess origionality isnt dead

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

wow, guess origionality isnt dead

Turns out call of duty 4 is set in modern times, hence the subtitle modern warfare, and i for one am glad they broke away before they got stale COUGH!-medal of honour-COUGH!, basically, for those who havent visited gamespot and youtube , its way more ghost recon than medal of honour, rather than do yet another WWII shooter, which i for one found so very boring by now, theyve opted to go the tom clancy route, only with that same "beach scene from saving private ryan" vibe that call of duty 2 has, i for one think this looks very cool, like black meets ghost recon meets COD ,with a little halo: CE thrown in.

note: its a dog ,not a dinosaur.

United States
    Nice news.

I still love the WW2 shooters myself (huge BF and their MOD's fan)

Forgotten Hope has the most kick ass Charlie Omaha Map to this day; and I am still awaiting FH2 !

I don't mind COD's WW2 and I think their MAPS are epic but the arcady running around and shooting at light speed ones suck hard.

United States
    you know ive never played medel or call of duty games. dont know why.

Super Moderator

UK
    COD4 (even though COD3 wasn't actually a proper COD game) looks interesting ... but COD without WW2 ... interesting ... one to keep an eye on methinks.

Hopefully it's the same chaos and panic with jaw-dropping set pieces like COD2, but just today...interesting...the trailer was lame at the end by repeating snapshots of footage with that "bang bang bang" type music to try and amp the viewer up, that technique is soooooo overused...but that's to do with whoever cut the trailer rather than the game...anyway...w00ty-w00t!

United States
    It's easier to introduce a new franchise (modern era FPS) using an established brand 'Call of Duty 4' rather than risk starting up under a more unknown name.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Super Moderator

UK
    Eh? No I'm not saying this isn't a COD game, just gonna be weird that they're using a new war as the previous games have been WW2. You think "COD" and you think "WWII".

COD3 wasn't a "proper" COD game because Infinity Ward weren't involved in it's making, this was a bitter pill for many franchise fans and PC COD fans too.

COD4 is still in the same franchise, it's just a different war they're using now.