Thread: Blade Runner - Final director's cut...

Administrator

England

Blade Runner - Final director's cut...

I sat down last week and watched the 'Final Cut' of Blade Runner....

Now, I've never seen Scott's version before, so wondered how the film would fair without the narration. I was surprised how well it survived TBH. The narration really wasn't needed

Great film, although I do prefer the original cinema ending, with narration I think...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    I love Blade Runner,it is a great movie.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Bub666 View Post
    I love Blade Runner,it is a great movie.
    I assume you've seen the Ridley Scott version?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    One of my favourite movies of all time and I love the Final Cut above others. In the original, certain dialogue scenes didn't match with what Harrison Ford was saying so they got his son in to 're-mouth' the dialogue and superimpose his over on Harrison's mouth. Awesome, was a pain for years.

The re-done FX, CGI, and most importantly, the sound - holy crapola!

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    I can't get through BR...it just sort of drags for me. I know I've watched it all the way through but I can't remember it. Love the visuals though, some of the best ever put to film...amazing.

Undisclosed
    I saw it in the theaters when I was little so the original version holds some sentimentality for me.

Super Moderator

UK
    First time I ever saw it, I thought it dragged. Second time I saw it, I thought it was f*cking amazing.

The only version, until recently, that I'd seen & owned was the 1992 Director's Cut - my personal favourite.

That said, the Final Cut is pretty damn similar to the DC, in fact it's basically the DC with some tweaks, so...

I think the narration was AWFUL when I saw it on the 5-disc ultimate DVD's special features. Ugh, geez, just ... no!

When I recently watched the Final Cut (with my dad, who's also a big fan of BR), I was kinda surprised at how swift it felt, I was surprised it was over seemingly so soon.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    I saw it in the theaters when I was little so the original version holds some sentimentality for me.
    Me too...
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Yeah Ive seen all of them....I bought that collectors box briefcase thingy....

One thing I dont like is about the new 'Final Cut' was one of the line changes with Roy and Tyrel.....

I prefered the "I want more life...****er" from the old directors cut
    to the "I want more life...father" of the 'Final Cut'

But I did like the increased violence at the end of that scene with the 'Final Cut'

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!