Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dawn of the dead library cues

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

Question dawn of the dead library cues

Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone knows what the name of the music playing when the group are first on the balcony looking over the corpses lying around after they've locked the mall doors. It doesn't appear to be on either of the soundtrack releases.

also, is there a complete list of the library music cues used in dotd anywhere?

Undisclosed
    HOW DARE YOU ASK THAT?!?!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by triste realtà View Post
    Why not? There are no stupid questions, but there are stupid answers. People got to chill with the elitism

I am not sure of the answer btw.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Undisclosed
    Eliteism??? Dudes got 24 posts and has only been here a month!

There is a CD out of a lot of the stock music used in DOTD. Search Amazon for Dawn of the Dead in the music section and it will come up. It has the yellow cd cover.

Unfortunately, I do not know the name of the song. Welcome to the boards, I see that is your first post.
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by dmbfanintn View Post
    Eliteism??? Dudes got 24 posts and has only been here a month!
    Ironic Elitism by a newb calling a newb a newb?
    wait..huh?
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Undisclosed
    I actually have a disk of the original score... it was burned for me so I don't have a title for you .... I can tell you to look up Goblin (the band) and you may find the answer....

Quote:
    Originally Posted by triste realtà

and ... the only dumb question is the one that was never asked.
    designs-n-creations.com

Sometimes dead is better....

United States

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

capncnut
    Johnny Trunk, what a character.

United States
    That is quite an interesting piece of music you are asking about darcy carrot. I dont think that particular cue is on the Trunk CD. The closest I can come to answering your question is that it is listed as "track 33" in my collection of Dawn cues. Like most DeWolfe cues, there probably isnt an actual name of the "song". The only Dawn DeWolfe cue that I know of that is named is "Cuz I'm a Man", and I dont know if it is officially listed that way in the actual DeWolfe library. The music you are referring to is 2 minutes and 19 seconds worth in its entirety. It is definately not a Goblin song.
    Last edited by Philly_SWAT; 16-Mar-2007 at 11:28 AM.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    That is quite an interesting piece of music you are asking about darcy carrot. I dont think that particular cue is on the Trunk CD. The closest I can come to answering your question is that it is listed as "track 33" in my collection of Dawn cues. Like most DeWolfe cues, there probably isnt an actual name of the "song". The only Dawn DeWolfe cue that I know of that is named is "Cuz I'm a Man", and I dont know if it is officially listed that way in the actual DeWolfe library. The music you are referring to is 2 minutes and 19 seconds worth in its entirety. It is definately not a Goblin song.
    I'm pretty sure The Pretty Things song "Cause I'm A Man" isn't part of the DeWole library. Perhaps it could be, but I don't think it is, which I was always unsure as to why it was put on those two releases... I guess just cause a lot people probably would never find it otherwise.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    Ironic Elitism by a newb calling a newb a newb?
    wait..huh?

Who you calling noob, Noob!!!???
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Thanks for all the replies

I have both the goblin and library soundtrack cds and it isn't on them. (i'm big fan of trunk records! )

Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff
    I'm pretty sure The Pretty Things song "Cause I'm A Man" isn't part of the DeWole library. Perhaps it could be, but I don't think it is, which I was always unsure as to why it was put on those two releases... I guess just cause a lot people probably would never find it otherwise.
    (here's one i can answer!) "Cause I'm A Man" was definitely recorded for the DeWolfe library along with a lot of other songs (i think under a pseudonym)...

Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT
    The closest I can come to answering your question is that it is listed as "track 33" in my collection of Dawn cues. Like most DeWolfe cues, there probably isnt an actual name of the "song".
    Actually i think you'll find that all the cues in the library do have names... for example "Action Pack" (ok i was going to post a clever url to the dewolfe site here but then discovered i couldn't cause i'm new ) is pretty familiar... I used to use the parts of the library myself a few years back and needed to know names for rights,etc.

just out of interest, do you have any idea what the source of your cues cd was? is it available anywhere?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    You may be right, but I am pretty sure that it is in fact part of the DeWolfe Library.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    oh yeah and I've just checked and in case anyone (for some sort of strange reason) is wondering, in the Argento cut of the film the music in the scene is different with part of "L'alba dei morti viventi" being used in a far less effective way (well in my opinion anyway) which pretty much confirms what other said in that it's definitely not Goblin.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK