Twitching

Undisclosed

transformers War for Cybertron

Here's the trailer done wth G1 voices, sountrack and sound effects:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XASl98JaTP4

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I suppose the original sounds are to please the fans that weren't happy with Michael Bay bringing the franchise into the present day? This sounds like ass, i'm sorry. CGI with 80's quality audio just doesn't work right.

Michael Bay, although with a few missteps, has brought this franchise back from the dead. It's never going to be the 80's again folks....

Twitching

Undisclosed
    It's never going to be the 80's again folks....
    Didn't you pay attention in school? time is cyclical! the eighties will return after the seventies and before the ninties!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well, it's been my observation, particularly in the area of fashion, that whatever was cool 20 some odd years ago tends to come back en vougue.

Perhaps it's not so crazy...

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I suppose the original sounds are to please the fans that weren't happy with Michael Bay bringing the franchise into the present day? This sounds like ass, i'm sorry. CGI with 80's quality audio just doesn't work right.

Michael Bay, although with a few missteps, has brought this franchise back from the dead. It's never going to be the 80's again folks....
    the 80's already did, it was called the 2000's mullets, ghostbusters, transformers, electro music, flannel shirts ect. ect.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    the 80's already did, it was called the 2000's mullets, ghostbusters, transformers, electro music, flannel shirts ect. ect.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa. When the fuck was there a new ghostbusters movie and nobody told me?!?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Wasn't the game supposed to be like a third installment?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    The 2000 remakes are more often than not rather bland. I'm with Bassman. Let the 80's die, or embrace the culture that came from it but don't think that 80's style shows would work today. That's why I love the 80's! They're so innocent and put way more weight on being "cool" than anything today.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Wasn't the game supposed to be like a third installment?
    True, but I wouldn't really call that a come back. I mean....The Thing and Scarface also had videogame adaptations.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Scarface

You know I hadn't thought of it until now but you just know they're going to remake that right?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    You know I hadn't thought of it until now but you just know they're going to remake that right?
    I'm surprised it hasn't happened, actually. It'll be produced by MTV and star some shit "actor" like 50 Cent or DMX.

And if this thread is any indication....people would love it if they just used the audio track from De Palma's film.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm surprised it hasn't happened, actually. It'll be produced by MTV and star some shit "actor" like 50 Cent or DMX.

And if this thread is any indication....people would love it if they just used the audio track from De Palma's film.

I'm with you. I'm shocked that it hasn't happened already.

In the "hood" what scarface represents is glorified like you wouldn't believe.

And then they want to blame the white man for their predicament.

Undisclosed
    I have been playing this game and so far, it rules.

Undisclosed
    I beat both campaigned and played some of the multiplayer. Overall, a very good game. It pays homeage to the entire series, but it is most influenced by G1. All of the characters are there for the most part, even though some look very diffrent or have diffrent transformations. For the most part, it is the same G1 transformers. Even the ending leads up to the series from the 80's.

You cannot crouch or hide behind wall, etc, like you do in Gears of War. But that is ok, because the game still kicks ass. They should have had better color options and models for the create a character mode. It really lacks in this area.

The controls can be fustrating a bit. For example, you transform by pressing the L stick down. During the multiplayer, I found myself transforming at times I did not want to.

Overall, I score this game a 9/10 for the 360. If you enjoy shooters and robots, then check this game out. Rent, borrow or buy it. Just play it. In fact, Allen Wake came in from Gamefly on Monday and it is still sealed in the envelope.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    I beat both campaigned and played some of the multiplayer. Overall, a very good game. It pays homeage to the entire series, but it is most influenced by G1. All of the characters are there for the most part, even though some look very diffrent or have diffrent transformations. For the most part, it is the same G1 transformers. Even the ending leads up to the series from the 80's.

You cannot crouch or hide behind wall, etc, like you do in Gears of War. But that is ok, because the game still kicks ass. They should have had better color options and models for the create a character mode. It really lacks in this area.

The controls can be fustrating a bit. For example, you transform by pressing the L stick down. During the multiplayer, I found myself transforming at times I did not want to.

Overall, I score this game a 9/10 for the 360. If you enjoy shooters and robots, then check this game out. Rent, borrow or buy it. Just play it. In fact, Allen Wake came in from Gamefly on Monday and it is still sealed in the envelope.

I agree entirely with this. I just bought the game and have completed the Decepticon campaign - I'm shocked this game hasn't got a bigger following here by now as it's very faithful to the original series yet it brings a fresh perspective and approach to the tired franchise.

Obvioulsy the games released as tie ins to the movie sucked majorly - this is the game they should have made. It's definitely a gears of war clone which is basically it's only minus point for lack of originality - all of that is forgotten the moment you transform into a vehicle, drive up to the enemy at great speed then perfectly time a transformatiom back into Autobot/Decepticon whilst executing a perfect melee attack at the same time, effectively crushing an enemy with one massive blow. Very cool pace to the game and excellent design all round leads me to confidently say it's one of the best games so far this year.

My only issues are as with every bloody game over the last 2 years - too short for my liking (I've had it 3 or so days and have already blitzed the Decepticon campaign on Hard mode) - and lack of originality. As for the sound design, it's awesome - the 80s transform effect works excellently.

The voice acting can be a bit odd in places - when Optimus Prime speaks it makes it all better though. But overall it feels totally american like the original series and silly lines and comical references are forgiven as they would be in the original kids series...really does bring back memories of those days, and megatrons deafening arrogance. Brilliant.

Overall though it's a fantastically playable Gears clone with some nice additions to the genre - weirdly enough Gears was a cover based shooter but with WFC you have no ability to cover, and very rarely want to anyway - things get tough in Hard mode but even with that there's plenty of scope to drive/fly around a map and bonk enemies on the head with some sort of giant spikey dildo. It's weird they cloned a cover based shooter and turned it into a frantic action game, but either way the mixing of vehicles and foot based combat is executed almost seamlessly - and its fair to say the following:

this beats anything Michael Bay has done with Transformers.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.