• pets suck. don't care for them

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dogs or Cats...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada

Dogs or Cats...

let's hash this out once and for all.

as you can see i am a cat person. as the "men on" segment of "in living color" would've said - "dogs. hate 'em." can't stand dogs at all. never have and never will.
    Last edited by Mike70; 03-Feb-2008 at 03:37 AM.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

England
    I don't have any pets at the moment, but I've had cat's and a dog in my time.

Dogs require a lot more care and attention, but they are just as rewarding as pets (more so IMO).

That said, I like the selfish, independence and individualism of cat's

I refuse to vote in this poll! Both animals are cool in their own way.

Edit: when you meet that Genie, you better wish for being impervious to bullets and stuff....gonna be some seriously pissed dog owners hunting your ass!
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Super Moderator

UK
    If I had a gun to my head, as the saying goes, I'd choose dog.

I don't like how cats think they own the gaff and you're their servant, just swanning about as they please...there are the odd cats though that I do get along with and who like me, but generally we don't get along.

Dogs though, almost all dogs like me and I like them. I wouldn't want to actually own one as I couldn't be arsed with looking after one, so it wouldn't be fair, but if I'm over a friend's house and they have a pet - I'd rather it be a dog than a cat.

Dogs know their place, they're in a pack mentality - hell, they're "man's best friend" for a good reason.

Although the neighbour's dog that barks all the f*cking time pisses me off, but the owners piss me off more, ultimately it isn't the dog's fault...but *sigh*...shaddup already!

Undisclosed
    Parrot

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Banned User

Undisclosed
    I prefer dogs personally, and not just because I'm deathly allergic to cats either. Its because dogs are pack animals, as such they become an actual member of the family, which is more than just being a pet which is what cats are. Cats are beautiful animals though. Just not for me, from a pet I want something that will actually understand that we are part of the same family/pack.

Christmas Island
    If I had to have a pet, I'd go with a dog although I'd hate to walk them. I can't say I envy dog owners when they have to pick up the doo on a busy street in front of everyone. Cats are too aloof and self-serving, as adults anyway. Kittens are cute though.

United States
    I have such a soft spot for kittens...

Super Moderator

UK
    Kittens are awesome, as are puppies ... heck, all little pets are pretty much awesome.

Then kittens grow up and swan around like they're King Sh*t.

If only kittens would stay as such, eh?

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Khardis View Post
    I prefer dogs personally, and not just because I'm deathly allergic to cats either. Its because dogs are pack animals, as such they become an actual member of the family, which is more than just being a pet which is what cats are.

That is what makes dogs desirable....Parrots and other bird species are pack animals as well....so they have similar characteristics....Parrots are ridiculously smart though (especially African Grays).....

but yeah I would pick dogs over cats any day....Ive only met one cat that I ever liked and that was because it had a very dog like temperament...

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    That is what makes dogs desirable....Parrots and other bird species are pack animals as well....so they have similar characteristics....Parrots are ridiculously smart though (especially African Grays).....

but yeah I would pick dogs over cats any day....Ive only met one cat that I ever liked and that was because it had a very dog like temperament...
    I hand raised cockatiels when I was a kid they were also family animals too.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Parrots are ridiculously smart though (especially African Grays).....
    im my local pet store there used to be one of those big grey bastards that allways whent wappy when i walked past its cage, it screeched, reached out through the bars and me and occasionally swore, and the owners said it never did it for anyone else.
    probably the only time iver venemously hated a bird to the degree the monkey in chris closet hates him in family guy.

ill go with cats, dogs are too dumb , see you can say "but a dog can be tuaght how to sit", so can a cat, difference is the cat doesnt see a reason why it should demean itself for you

Undisclosed
    Domestic cats arent smarter than dogs......Lions and big cats...maybe equally as smart....

but dogs probally arent as smart as pigs....pigs can play video games....really no joke

http://liftlab.com/think/nova/2005/0...tted-for-pigs/

That cat arguement "cats are smart enough to do tricks they just dont want to" is used a lot by cat enthusiasts but it just doesnt really make any logical sense....as humans we sort of measure "intelligence" by the ability of the animal to learn new behavior....Whales are smart cause we can train them to do complicated tricks and demonstrate complex social behavior....

Dogs are smart because we train train them to do any number of tricks....speak on command...sit ....stay....roll over....sniff out drugs....sniff out cancer...sniff out bombs....hunt with (complex training to teach a dog to bite soft)....the list goes on....

Cats on the other hand while reasonably intelligent cant really be compared with dogs....they a born hunters and rely heavily on their instincts which dictates their behavior...while "intelligent" animals generally learn their behavior.....

United States
    I like all animals; grew up with dogs and cats and currently have 2 cats (no time for a dog).

Dogs are easy. They'll like you no matter what.

With a cat, you must earn their respect. I always thought that was cool that they don't just automatically slobber all over you or other people that walk in the door.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    im my local pet store there used to be one of those big grey bastards that allways whent wappy when i walked past its cage, it screeched, reached out through the bars and me and occasionally swore, and the owners said it never did it for anyone else.
    probably the only time iver venemously hated a bird to the degree the monkey in chris closet hates him in family guy.

ill go with cats, dogs are too dumb , see you can say "but a dog can be tuaght how to sit", so can a cat, difference is the cat doesnt see a reason why it should demean itself for you
    Dogs aren't dumb, they are intelligent animals. They actually have emotions and live higher up on the evolutionary scale than cats do. Cats are just stock predators like crocodiles or spiders. Muahahaha

Domestic cats arent smarter than dogs......Lions and big cats...maybe equally as smart....

but dogs probally arent as smart as pigs....pigs can play video games....really no joke

http://liftlab.com/think/nova/2005/0...tted-for-pigs/

That cat arguement "cats are smart enough to do tricks they just dont want to" is used a lot by cat enthusiasts but it just doesnt really make any logical sense....as humans we sort of measure "intelligence" by the ability of the animal to learn new behavior....Whales are smart cause we can train them to do complicated tricks and demonstrate complex social behavior....

Dogs are smart because we train train them to do any number of tricks....speak on command...sit ....stay....roll over....sniff out drugs....sniff out cancer...sniff out bombs....hunt with (complex training to teach a dog to bite soft)....the list goes on....

Cats on the other hand while reasonably intelligent cant really be compared with dogs....they a born hunters and rely heavily on their instincts which dictates their behavior...while "intelligent" animals generally learn their behavior.....
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Last edited by Khardis; 04-Feb-2008 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    Personally I love all animals! I voted dogs but cats are cool too!
    We have a ferret is soo smart!
    Actually, we have dogs,cats,ferret, bunny!
    Ya animals I love em'!