Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you step over a dying woman to shop for snacks?

United States

Would you step over a dying woman to shop for snacks?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19586738/

How disgusting is that? One of them even took a photo of her with his/her cell phone!! WTF?!!

I guess the value of human life has declined yet again.

Dawg

Original Member Since 1998. [10 YEARS AND COUNTING!]

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    People disgust me. Unfortunately they were under no obligation under the law to help this person. That doesn't make what they did right, just morally reprehensible.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    that's totally riddick man... if they dont charge those people who had so little respect for human life with a crime like maybe the good samaritans law or something then what the hell is this place coming to?

i see this kinda crap all the time... i mean not dying people on the floor and people walking around but people just ignoring the plight of others and people in need... it deeply saddens me that people could care so little for others and still sleep at night
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    that's totally riddick man... if they dont charge those people who had so little respect for human life with a crime like maybe the good samaritans law or something then what the hell is this place coming to?

i see this kinda crap all the time... i mean not dying people on the floor and people walking around but people just ignoring the plight of others and people in need... it deeply saddens me that people could care so little for others and still sleep at night
    First off, the good samaritans law is in place in order to protect citezens that DO help out someone in distress but in the course of their aid something bad happens. That way the person they're trying to help doesn't turn around and sue them. Like breaking someone's ribs performing the heimlich manuever on them.

Second, laws like that are not in place because it would force a person to concievably put their own life in danger, and no one has the right to tell somebody else to do that. Like say a piano was going to fall on someone. You could push them out of the way but you might also get killed yourself while attempting to save them.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Thats true I wasn't thinking about that. Like how dumb do you think it is to have to ask someone if they want the heimlich in order to survive. Figures there's no law to hold people accountable for not helping someone who's so clearly dying. But I really want to know what happened that she got stabbed. Something like that doesn't exactly happen all the time. Errr at least.. its rare that someone gets stabbed in a non robbery at any convenience store... and that people just stare...
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

United States
    well thats not nice

Canada
    Sometimes when a good sales on....

i wonder what'll happen to em? nothing I assume, I mean it isn't breaking the law...could they be tried for being bone smokers?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    unfortunately they weren't in violation of any "law" but then again the law is by its very nature neither right nor moral.

the crime here is one of moral failure. the failure of simply even offering this woman a hand to help her off the floor-regardless of her being stabbed.
    this disgusts me sooooo much i just need to stop this post.

i will end with this: as an old punk rocker there is one law above all other laws: when someone goes down you pick them up-period. end of discussion.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    Thats true I wasn't thinking about that. Like how dumb do you think it is to have to ask someone if they want the heimlich in order to survive. Figures there's no law to hold people accountable for not helping someone who's so clearly dying. But I really want to know what happened that she got stabbed. Something like that doesn't exactly happen all the time. Errr at least.. its rare that someone gets stabbed in a non robbery at any convenience store... and that people just stare...
    People are generally self centered asses who are not interested in doing anything if it doesn't benefit them in some way. The bottom line is people just don't care about the plight of others unless it affects them directly. I always say, just picture if that were YOUR mother, YOUR wife or YOUR sister and how you would feel if people just callously stood there and took pics while they lay there dying. I'm sure they'd see their actions in a different light.

United States
    i'd just like to stab those people and walk around them drinking a cherry slurpee and shoveling nachos into my face

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    Sometimes when a good sales on....

i wonder what'll happen to em? nothing I assume, I mean it isn't breaking the law...could they be tried for being bone smokers?

She probably got stabbed due to the limited supply of i phones.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Farked up. I assume this is in the ghetto due to the protective glass at the counter in the store, like they have in all ghetto's I've been in, and never in decent areas. If it is, it makes a little bit of sense, seeing as these people might see this sort of thing on a regular basis and living their whole lives around it they just lost any respect for life. It's sad.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    If it is, it makes a little bit of sense, seeing as these people might see this sort of thing on a regular basis and living their whole lives around it they just lost any respect for life. It's sad.
    I think you hit it on the head and it is sad. When you live with shootouts, stabbings and muggings everyday it desensitizes you to it. Alot of times people just want to mind their own business so they're not the next ones bleeding.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    First off, the good samaritans law is in place in order to protect citezens that DO help out someone in distress but in the course of their aid something bad happens. That way the person they're trying to help doesn't turn around and sue them. Like breaking someone's ribs performing the heimlich manuever on them.

Second, laws like that are not in place because it would force a person to concievably put their own life in danger, and no one has the right to tell somebody else to do that. Like say a piano was going to fall on someone. You could push them out of the way but you might also get killed yourself while attempting to save them.

i will NEVER be a good samaritan again. any time i've helped someone,they act like they deserved help and i didnt get a thank you. another person in town helped an old lady from gettin her ass kicked by an angry mob at a restaurant and they got prison terms FOR HELPING AN OLD LADY. but "help the police" right?

Dying

walking down the ho chi minh trail,vietnam.
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19586738/

How disgusting is that? One of them even took a photo of her with his/her cell phone!! WTF?!!

I guess the value of human life has declined yet again.

Dawg

aye, im afraid there are horrible people about,thankfully, there in the MINORITY.
    hold it flyboy! dont go into the stairway,dont open that door baby you'll lead them right up with you!