Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My First Horror Short...

Being Attacked

Undisclosed

My First Horror Short...

Check it out and let me know what you think...

http://www.ifilm.com/video/2754853

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    it doesnt work.

ViP

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by N2NOther View Post
    Check it out and let me know what you think...

http://www.ifilm.com/video/2754853
    That was very cool. I liked your choice of shots - the stitch together very nicely. It has a great feel. Nicely done man! Any more stuff online? Planning on doing anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    it doesnt work.
    Worked for me ... <shrugs> ...

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    it doesnt work.
    Hmm. I checked it before I submitted it and I checked it just now. I'm not very good at computers so I don't know what the problem could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cereval View Post
    That was very cool. I liked your choice of shots - the stitch together very nicely. It has a great feel. Nicely done man! Any more stuff online? Planning on doing anything else?
    THANKS!

I'm sending out my next "film" (I shot it on a Canon XL2 so it's technically not a film perse) to be scored tomorrow. Not a zombie film though but still horror. Honestly, I'm happy with the performances, but little else.
    Last edited by N2NOther; 11-Dec-2006 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Undisclosed
    It isn't working for me either...

EDIT: just got it working when I tried it again. It was very cool, I like it alot, I have the same questions as Cereval, so I don't have to ask them again.
    Last edited by Fulcifan91; 11-Dec-2006 at 03:18 PM.

capncnut
    It's not working for me as well, I'm afraid.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    I don't know what to say...The link works.

Undisclosed
    It sowrks, let it sit for a while, i had to jsut leave it there for about 5 minutes before it started playing. I started hearing the movie and im like, WTF, wheres that coming from?!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Worked for me. I kinda liked it. Short and good. And in greyscale...

Banned User

United States
    It worked for me and it was great! Loved it! The music was awesome!

Undisclosed
    Excellent work.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Thanks guys!...Secrets from the set...

There was originally suppoed to be around 15 zombies at the end which would have looked a lot better but only 4 people showed up...The rest were my crew. And the interiors were filmed in the Bronx in a first floor apartment and the exteriors filmed at my friends' house in Poughkeepsie...I love how editing can create such a great illusion.

Administrator

England
    Couple of (candid) comments...

A short film has the benefit of not being long (me a genius!), therefore IMHO it can move quickly and in effect stick to the "interesting" stuff. So for me too much time was spent in the kitchen - Almost felt like a cooking program to start with? ie: Something like 20% of the time was spent watching him cook?

Furthermore, with a short film, story is all important - typically a nice twist. As it was there seemed to be no story? Why not a nice dark twist? eg: Why not the sound in one of the other rooms of glass breaking, and the (closed) door to the room he's in starting to get banged - ie: They're going to get him soon... He shouts out expletives to them and how he's ready for them, and how they won't get him!! And he slowly puts the gun to his head... Pulls the trigger... and click... nothing... He's got no bullets left... Then he starts his mad laughing again...

It sort of felt like you were more worried about how you were shooting the feature, rather than what you were shooting!?

I loved the shot of the creatures at the window... and the music was great!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Couple of (candid) comments...

A short film has the benefit of not being long (me a genius!), therefore IMHO it can move quickly and in effect stick to the "interesting" stuff. So for me too much time was spent in the kitchen - Almost felt like a cooking program to start with? ie: Something like 20% of the time was spent watching him cook?

Furthermore, with a short film, story is all important - typically a nice twist. As it was there seemed to be no story? Why not a nice dark twist? eg: Why not the sound in one of the other rooms of glass breaking, and the (closed) door to the room he's in starting to get banged - ie: They're going to get him soon... He shouts out expletives to them and how he's ready for them, and how they won't get him!! And he slowly puts the gun to his head... Pulls the trigger... and click... nothing... He's got no bullets left... Then he starts his mad laughing again...

It sort of felt like you were more worried about how you were shooting the feature, rather than what you were shooting!?

I loved the shot of the creatures at the window... and the music was great!

Thanks for the criticisms...BUT I will say that your idea of what should have happened would have made it a different film than the film I wanted to make. I like your ideas though.

capncnut
    Okay, so now it works.

Anyhow, I thought it was okay. I liked the style and the grainy black and white etc but I kind of agree with Neil on this one. Why was it so important to show a guy eating soup for 2 mins out of a 3 min short? That said, the acting/laughing was quite decent and the music fit the mood nicely. Good work.