Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain America (film)

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

Captain America (film)

Check this shit.

Looks a little too much like that punisher costume he had after steve rogers "died" to me but nice to see they are trying for the ultimates style and not the feathers costume from the civil war era cap form the 616 continuity.

Though i thought recent reports where that the whole flick was cap in WWII against hitler and the red skull so this modern avengers costume seems a little out of it.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    From what I've heard, the film will start during the war era and he'll have the classic "wings" outfit. Through the course of the film he changes it up to the design we see here. Much like Iron Man's three suits in the first film.

While not a huge fan of the character(or Marvel in general) the company has had some pretty good films. I'm still slightly weary of this flick. Chris Evans is a decent actor, but I just don't know if I can dissociate him with his past roles. IMO, they should have gone with an unknown. As Richard Donner said on the first Superman film, "It just won't work when you see Robert Redford flying around. That's just Robert Redford in a costume, not a man that can fly." And Joe Johnston's record isn't exactly flawless...

I'm probably more excited for this mala-fucka:

(yes, it's a photoshop of the actor. This was done in the preproduction process, so they were seeing what he'd look like. Supposedly...)
    Last edited by bassman; 03-Jun-2010 at 12:11 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    word brah' thors one of three marvel comics i still have on my pull list because, lets be honest, he fucking thor.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Now just imagine those two standing together with Iron Man and Hulk. Marvel definitely has their work cut out for them in The Avengers. That's going to be really hard to pull off and make it work for a story rather than a gimmick...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    (yes, it's a photoshop of the actor. This was done in the preproduction process, so they were seeing what he'd look like. Supposedly...)
    For a minute there, I was about to ask "Is that Brad Pitt?!"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    He does kinda look like him.

His name is Chris Hemsworth. He played Kirk's father at the beginning of the last Star Trek movie.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Now just imagine those two standing together with Iron Man and Hulk. Marvel definitely has their work cut out for them in The Avengers. That's going to be really hard to pull off and make it work for a story rather than a gimmick...
    Yup. I'm a big fan of a few different eras of the Avengers and I'm hopeful, excited, but also worried these guys will suffer a bit too much from bright-spandex/rubber-suit syndrome (BSRA).

Suspension of disbelief can be difficult enough with little departures from reality, but super heroes that are truly super in scope are difficult to pull off in a credible, yet fun fashion filmwise. This is kind of why I really respect what was done with Spiderman and Spiderman 2, they took a really out there character, with great name & visual recognition and brought him over almost seamlessly to the big screen.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Yup. I'm a big fan of a few different eras of the Avengers and I'm hopeful, excited, but also worried these guys will suffer a bit too much from bright-spandex/rubber-suit syndrome (BSRA).
    Shame thats what thor is looking like...

Suspension of disbelief can be difficult enough with little departures from reality, but super heroes that are truly super in scope are difficult to pull off in a credible, yet fun fashion filmwise. This is kind of why I really respect what was done with Spiderman and Spiderman 2, they took a really out there character, with great name & visual recognition and brought him over almost seamlessly to the big screen.
    Thats what i loved about iron man. Rich playboy eccentric builds a suit of armour. Its currently unfeasible but its not so far out there as a man getting powers from a radioactive spiderbite. and downey jr. completely sold that to me.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    Shame thats what thor is looking like...
    Yup, that's what I've been thinking for a while now. Thor and Captain America have always been the two characters I was most worried about presentation-wise. With Cap it's even worse, because there's always the questions about which direction they will take his character and personality.

I'm sure it can't be any worse than...

Well...maybe:

or...
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 03-Jun-2010 at 05:25 PM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    damn, i'm sick to death of these movies. i hope this flops along with the next few comic movies (they've surely got to be running low on marketable characters) then maybe hollywood will move on to something else.

and that costume looks pretty ghey.

United States
    So they're doing Avengers? I have my Avengers #1 in the basement, along with about 150 of the others here and there in the series. Maybe I'll take them out of the plastic bag and remind myself how long ago that was.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

United States
    damn, trin...an avengers #1 is going for about $1,000 average on ebay right now. hang on to it till after the movie and you could probably sell it for twice that. you could be sitting on a gold mine, guy.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    the original cap america movie was great but was about 8 years before it's time.

chris evans is a bad choice to play cap. WAY too short.

United States
    That new costume design. . .looks kind of like the Patriot from the Young Avengers' costume. Not much, but a bit around the straps and stuff.

"When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Damn, is that Kevin Smith dressed as Capitan America?!