Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Dunn from Jackass killed in car crash...

Super Moderator

UK

Ryan Dunn from Jackass killed in car crash...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_localp...chester-county

Ryan Dunn, star of the reality show "Jackass," has died in a car accident in Pennsylvania, CBS Philly has learned.

Sources say the West Chester native was one of two people killed in a single car crash in Chester County early Monday morning. The double fatal crash happened at about 3 a.m. on Route 322 near New Street in West Goshen Township.

According to the police report released by West Goshen, the 2007 Porsche Dunn was driving crashed into a wooded area off the road and burst into flames. Both Dunn and his unidentified passenger died as a result of injuries they sustained in the crash. Police believe speed may have played a role in the accident.

Dunn is best known as a daredevil and sidekick of Bam Margera in the popular stunt and prank show "Jackass" which is filmed in the West Chester region.

Dunn recently appeared in the summer premiere of NBC's hit game show "Minute To Win It" with one of his prankster partners Steve-O, playing for a charity. He is also a host on G4′s new show "Proving Ground," which debuted June 14.

The West Chester native had just celebrated his birthday on June 11.

Ryan Dunn was 34.
    So it seems as if there was drinking and driving involved, and it's not the first time Dunn has crashed a car - even more tragic that there was a passenger, also killed. On one hand it's tragic, and on the other I can't abide reckless driving, but either way it's a sad affair all round.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I knew it was only a matter of time before this popped up here. Although i'm not the biggest fan of their hijinks, it's terrible that his life was cut short. Drinking and driving will do that though. Especially if high speeds are involved. Those three just don't mix.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Thats such a shame, out of all of the jackass guys he was like the least douchey one with the best comic timing. Still, the guy was famous for being in like 3 dozen car wrecks- many by his own hand, had to happen eventually i guess. Still ryan dunn being outlived by bam margera, jhonny knoxville and steve-o? i would never have called this one.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Thats such a shame, out of all of the jackass guys he was like the least douchey one with the best comic timing.
    I was always under the same impression, however...

Still, the guy was famous for being in like 3 dozen car wrecks- many by his own hand, had to happen eventually i guess.
    Just not cool.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah, reckless driving is just not cool - keep it on a race track under supervised conditions, don't take it onto the public roads, and especially not while intoxicated ... unfortunately it seems to have been this case today. Tragic and very sad - moreso in that it could have totally been avoided.

Undisclosed
    Now there's a rumor circulating that he may not really be dead and that it was all a publicity stunt.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Purge View Post
    Now there's a rumor circulating that he may not really be dead and that it was all a publicity stunt.
    It's the same with all celebrity deaths. Well...semi-celebrity in this case.

United States
    Well that's sad. Yeah Ryan Dunn was my favorite Jackass. Definitely the most amiable.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Purge View Post
    yeah i've seen a few sites say it was a hoax the jackass 4. Doubt it but then again you never really know with those guys.

United States
    Sad news.
    Zombie-Keeper.com - Horror movie reviews by people who watch horror movies.
    Zombie-Keeper.com Forums - Sign up on our forums to chat about horror films and more.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    yeah i've seen a few sites say it was a hoax the jackass 4. Doubt it but then again you never really know with those guys.
    100% not a hoax. Ya can't for a minute believe that it's a hoax. Among many details, they'd have to get the fire and police departments to cooperate, which in itself would be near impossible to get them to go along with something like this. Also, April Margera is reportedly the one that made this news public, any fan would know that she wouldn't play along with a prank like this - it's too tasteless. Finally, if it WERE a publicity stunt/hoax then the photo he took an hour before he died would not have been removed from his Twitter account this morning.

United States
    Too bad it wasn't Steve-O.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Too bad it wasn't Steve-O.
    Funny you mention that. He called into a local radio station this morning to promote his book. One of the DJs could do a good impression of him, so he started doing it as if he were really f*cked up. The joke of course being that Steve O is now clean. Instead of being a good sport, he cursed at the djs and hung up in the middle of the interview. When they called him back he wouldn't answer, so they gave out his cell number on the air and told the listeners to finish the interview.

He eventually turned off his phone...
    Last edited by bassman; 21-Jun-2011 at 01:41 AM. Reason: .

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    I hate to say it, since usually I'm a "live and let live" kinda guy, and I feel bad for even thinking this way, but I really wish that more of these Jackass/Dirty Sanchez/CKY guys would die. The very fact that, despite all their desperate, attention-seeking self-harm and reckless endangerment, none of them has died until now sort of sent the wrong message.

I can't believe that The Human Centipede 2 was banned for being "dangerous" and "harmful" while the shit these guys do - drinking horse semen, deliberately injuring themselves, wasting medical time and energy; actual REAL danger and harm - gets passed without issue.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Well, this is sad... He didn't really skate though, so I don't know why he was in Jackass to begin with... Just one of Bam's friends I guess.
    Still, tragic, and yeah, avoidable. Hmm... He'll be missed, I guess.