Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maggie (film) - Zombie flick starring Chloe Moretz

Administrator

England

Maggie (film) - Zombie flick starring Chloe Moretz

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Chloe...gie-30880.html

...the movie is set in a post-apocalyptic earth where a father (Considine) works to protect his daughter (Moretz) against the ever-coming zombie hordes.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    The script was featured on the Black List - an annual list of the most popular unproduced screenplays in a given year
    Sounds like potential to me. First of all, it's not a zomedy and it sounds like it could be a nice serious take on two genres I enjoy when done well.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Sounds like potential to me. First of all, it's not a zomedy and it sounds like it could be a nice serious take on two genres I enjoy when done well.
    Need a nice solid gritty (apocalyptic horror) drama!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    I have hope it will be good, but it is being directed by another guy whose only experience is making commercials. My guess is that it is going to end up being another 2 hour music video with lots of matrix style slow motion action scenes and lots of loud rock music.

I know that Romero started making commercials but he came from a different era of film making.
    Last edited by Sammich; 11-May-2012 at 06:57 PM. Reason: a

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    I have hope it will be good, but it is being directed by another guy whose only experience is making commercials. My guess is that it is going to end up being another 2 hour music video with lots of matrix style slow motion action scenes and lots of loud rock music.

I know that Romero started making commercials but he came from a different era of film making.
    Prediction...

Godzilla screams and contacts?
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Prediction...

Godzilla screams and contacts?
    Here is a selection of zombie noises to choose from:

Dinosaur Sounds

And a selection of contact lenses:

Halloween Contact Lenses

Now let's go make a movie!
    Last edited by Sammich; 11-May-2012 at 08:17 PM. Reason: a

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    MOST directors come from commericals, including many of the greats, so i'm holding out hope for this one.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    MOST directors come from commericals, including many of the greats, so i'm holding out hope for this one.
    Didn't a certain Mr Romero start off that way?
    -Carl Sagan

Just been bitten Christopher Jon's Avatar

United States
    Maggie is as much of a zombie film as Let The Right One In was a vampire film.

It's a drama. Not a gore-fest. Imagine a lifetime movie of the week about a child dying of cancer and replace cancer with turning into a zombie.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Jon View Post
    Imagine a lifetime movie of the week about a child dying of cancer and replace cancer with turning into a zombie.
    I'd rather not...

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Well there sure isn't very much info on Henry Hobson beyond what is on imdb:

Henry Hobson

He did have involvement in many movies and t.v. shows (including TWD), but it was only in making the main and end titles.

His website is, uh, check it out for yourself:

Henry Hobson

The only commercial of his I could find was for Resistance 3:

There is also an article about Fox picking him to direct Asimov's Caves of Steel:

Fox Taps Henry Hobson For Big-Screen Isaac Asimov Adaptation

Found one more commercial he did. It is for Prophets of Science Fiction:

Last edited by Sammich; 11-May-2012 at 09:57 PM. Reason: a

Administrator

England
    Maggie is as much of a zombie film as Let The Right One In was a vampire film.

It's a drama. Not a gore-fest. Imagine a lifetime movie of the week about a child dying of cancer and replace cancer with turning into a zombie.
    I've got no problem with that... As long as it's done well of course!
    -Carl Sagan

Just been bitten Christopher Jon's Avatar

United States
    I've got no problem with that... As long as it's done well of course!
    Different is good.

Plenty of The last group of survivors fighting their way through hoards of undead films floating around already. As much as I enjoy them, I wouldn't mind a fresh take on the subject.

Undisclosed
    Different is good.

Plenty of The last group of survivors fighting their way through hoards of undead films floating around already. As much as I enjoy them, I wouldn't mind a fresh take on the subject.
    How about a non-zombedy about husband or wife that is bit and the surviving spouse finds a way to pacify (like bub) the resulting zombie. Then they would have to both find a way to survive against other zombies and the living that want to destroy them all. Kind of like a Romeo and Juliette story.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    Well there sure isn't very much info on Henry Hobson beyond what is on imdb:
    Well....I know your usual patterns, so nothing stands a snowball's chance in hell....
    Last edited by bassman; 12-May-2012 at 01:38 AM. Reason: .