Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Indy 4 film... Oh dear...

Administrator

England

Indy 4 film... Oh dear...

...looks like we have the weekest of the bunch...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36667
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Meh. Still too early to tell, but I don't know too many people in my walk-a-day life who actually think this'll be the Indy of old, or even a fresh new take on that old standard.

Still, I'll give it a shot.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Meh. Still too early to tell, but I don't know too many people in my walk-a-day life who actually think this'll be the Indy of old, or even a fresh new take on that old standard.

Still, I'll give it a shot.
    Yeah, all of us will see it no matter what. I hate to admit it, but George Lucas is right in his theory that it doesn't matter if it pleases the fans. They'll still go see it anyway. Multiple times most likely...

I'm doing my best to go in and watch it as it's own film and not think of the previous installments. That's the only way it can be enjoyed, imo....

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    I'm doing my best to go in and watch it as it's own film and not think of the previous installments. That's the only way it can be enjoyed, imo....
    thats not really a good sign for a direct sequel is it?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    Well it helps in that Indy 4 comes so long after the previous three, just like with Land.

I wonder if Indy 4, for some people, will suffer the same fate as Land did - to those people that hated it anyway.

I'm trying to avoid reading too much about it or whatnot, just kinda go in a fresh-minded as possible without looking into it too much and just watch it and see what I think. It certainly looks like something I'd enjoy anyway.

Administrator

England
    Slightly more up beat review... Puts it in position 3 of 4...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36678
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I suspect it will be to Indy what the Prequel trilogy was to Star Wars.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    How do you firgure that the 3 original Indy's are direct sequels, anyway? They have similar characters but the story lines really have nothing to do with each other. In fact....Temple of Doom is technically a prequel to Raiders if you go by the timeline.

And as MZ said....with a famous franchise like this and the passage of time since the last installment, people are going to be expecting the film they've had in their head for the past 20 years. Some will want a direct copy of Raiders or Crusade, and some will even want another installment like Doom. There will definitely be more fanboy bitching than praise.....that's for sure.
    Last edited by bassman; 12-May-2008 at 03:52 PM.

Undisclosed
    I'm not too worried. Aint It Cool had a glowing review/praise for Speed Racer

Someone was out shopping for Indiana Jones toys..
    http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/showbi...res/article.do
    Last edited by C5NOTLD; 13-May-2008 at 01:34 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    How do you firgure that the 3 original Indy's are direct sequels, anyway? They have similar characters but the story lines really have nothing to do with each other. In fact....Temple of Doom is technically a prequel to Raiders if you go by the timeline.
    good lord, your turning into alive man there dude.

Undisclosed
    When was the last time Harrison Ford made a bad movie? I cannot wait to see this.

United States
    Hollywood Homicide?
    Six Days, Seven Nights?
    What Lies Beneath?

He's made plenty of bad movies recently.

I am however looking very much foward to the new Indy movie. No doubt!!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Administrator

England
    Well, it's no. 165 in the top 250 films ever at IMDB! So it can't be too bad!

Any of you guys seen it?
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I've been having to stay around the house to take care of the little lady, but I'm hopefully going to see it in the next few days.

My buddy tells me that it's an awesome and fun ride as long as you can get over a few of the negative points. He said that there's no doubt in his mind that alot of fans will pick the film's bones clean because of their love of the originals, but it's still worthy to be in the series and really fun. He also says that Harrison Ford still has the Indy mojo. And apparently Shia Lebouf is quite surprising....

Administrator

England
    I've been having to stay around the house to take care of the little lady, but I'm hopefully going to see it in the next few days.

My buddy tells me that it's an awesome and fun ride as long as you can get over a few of the negative points. He said that there's no doubt in his mind that alot of fans will pick the film's bones clean because of their love of the originals, but it's still worthy to be in the series and really fun. He also says that Harrison Ford still has the Indy mojo. And apparently Shia Lebouf is quite surprising....
    I'm seeing it next Tuesday most likely...
    -Carl Sagan