Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So, Terminator is going to be a PG-13...

Administrator

England

So, Terminator is going to be a PG-13...

...with McG (aka: f***head) directing it, surely this spells total utter doom!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36618
    http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Termi...G-13-8725.html
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    AH FOR F*CK SAKE!

Guaranteed suckage, nuff said. Haven't 'they' learned from AvP - taking R rated franchises and mashing them into PG-13 suckfests doesn't work (not that the R rated AvP2 worked either).

Lame, and McG can f*ck off completely, and all the talk of merchandising right off the bat and how chuffed they are at the scale of the merchandising just shows T4 for exactly what it is, pocket-raping.

They can all completely f*ck off.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    AH FOR F*CK SAKE!

Guaranteed suckage, nuff said. Haven't 'they' learned from AvP - taking R rated franchises and mashing them into PG-13 suckfests doesn't work (not that the R rated AvP2 worked either).

Lame, and McG can f*ck off completely, and all the talk of merchandising right off the bat and how chuffed they are at the scale of the merchandising just shows T4 for exactly what it is, pocket-raping.

They can all completely f*ck off.
    Sorry... Can you clarify your thoughts on this one
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    lalala-imnotlistening-wasntanymoreafterjudgementday-lalalalalala!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I expected this once I heard McG's(what kind of f*cking name is that, anyway??) name was attached.

I really hope Christian Bale backs out of this flick. He's a better actor than his. He must be getting big money for it...

Undisclosed
    Aahhh sh!t. Great....this is the first thing I read since waking. Maybe I should go back to sleep.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    ugh. PG-13 terminator? next thing we hear about will be a new G rated die hard flick.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Undisclosed
    Just because its pg-13 does not mean it WILL suck...It might but there have been a lot of good flicks rated pg-13. If the story is solid the acting is good then it could be a good flick. Now direction is questionable. And Important! Lets not poo-poo on the rating. Feel free to bash director though.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Oh for goodness sake.

THIS IS WHY PEOPLE GO ON MACHINE GUN RAMPAGES.

First Amy Whineface and this ****...what is the world coming to? Next we'll have Freddy Vs Barney.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    Just because its pg-13 does not mean it WILL suck...It might but there have been a lot of good flicks rated pg-13. If the story is solid the acting is good then it could be a good flick. Now direction is questionable. And Important! Lets not poo-poo on the rating. Feel free to bash director though.
    Right with ya, Skip. A PG-13 rating don't mean s**t to me. All the Terminator sequels bordered on that certification anyway. If one was to remove the language and a couple of gore scenes from T2, it would probably be a PG anyway so I don't see what the fuss is about.

But yeah, McG can f**k right off!

Super Moderator

UK
    It's not just down to a bit of gore and a potty mouth that made T2 an R, there's plenty of violence throughout.

Now in the UK it's a 15, but it's a fairly hard 15 - or at least back then. It's not the hardest R, but it's an R nonetheless.

Aiming for a lower rating is purely down to business, pack in the most kids - which makes no sense considering any adult or hobo can take a bunch of kids into see SAW if they want.

Also, it's neutering. Die Hard 4 was alright, but it was neutered and tame, it didn't have the utter BALLS of the first film ... heck, Die Hard 3 (an R in the US and a 15 in the UK) had a fair pair of nuts on it, and that was in the censored form - which is lame, censoring a film for a lower rating, but still - there's something to censor).

T3 was gash, a f*cking joke that took the piss out of the proper films - all that "talk to the hand" garbage, jesus christ.

There's no respect appearing with T4 the more we hear about it, it's all a business exercise, milk as much money out of it, the merch and the guaranteed all-platform videogame cash-in, which will also be rubbish.

Yes, there are good PG-13 movies, but they were always going to be that rating, not an R franchise getting it's balls lopped off for cash.

F*cking sick, I'm going to join hellsing by going "lalala-imnotlistening"...he's got it all figured out there.

Undisclosed
    Forgive me for living in a dark hole, but who is "McG"? Is that a nickname or something?

I can just see the inevitable tie-ins when celebrities begin marketing themselves to sound like fast food products.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Forgive me for living in a dark hole, but who is "McG"? Is that a nickname or something?

I can just see the inevitable tie-ins when celebrities begin marketing themselves to sound like fast food products.
    he was a music vid director at first and has moved on to films and tv. he directed the charlie's angel films and is one of the perpetrators behind the american version of spaced.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Super Moderator

UK
    Aka McDouchebag ... lulz were had ... yeah.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    I expected this once I heard McG's(what kind of f*cking name is that, anyway??) name was attached.

I really hope Christian Bale backs out of this flick. ..
    Gary Coleman is probably available.