Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I am Legend

Banned User

Undisclosed

I am Legend

I wrote a review for it on my site, if anyone wants to give me any feed back. I wont post it here because it has spoilers.

(SPOILERS)
    http://www.porkfriedvice.com/blog/?p=17

But feel free to discuss my points here.

All in all I would have to say I as a little disappointed given I had recently read the novel before this came out and was waiting to see this since summer. It was a good film, but my expectations were still let down a lot.

Undisclosed
    I agree with your review and feel the same way. I look at is as a remake/reimagining of The Omega Man. And if you have read I Am Legend and seen The Omega Man before seeing this movie like myself I cant see how you cant see this as a remake. The apartment with lighting and traps,driving around with a shot gun,the women and child and trying to find a cure is right out of The Omega Man. I really believe they set out to make a remake of The Omega Man and decided to cash in on the name I Am Legend.

I believe the writers never Evan read the book but Saw The Omega Man and based the Will Smith movie completely on the charlton heston film.

Dying

Undisclosed

I would have liked to have read your review (spoilers within)

But everytime I click the link I got a big white screen blocking your text.

I saw I am Legend. I think if they lopped off the last 45 minutes and changed them, it would have been a brilliant movie. Will Smith's acting was great...the flick considerably less so!

Spoilers:

There were plotlines that went NO WHERE:

• Who set the trap? That was pretty much a BS trap anyway...someone planned for him to notice the mannequin, step in the puddle and then cut himself loose so he falls in the puddle....yeah, no.

• Who was he trying to save? The darkseekers?

• How did that girl even get onto Manhattan?

• God was talking to her? Huh?

How I would have finished it:

There were glimmerings of intelligence in the darkseekers...use that. Make it so
    • that Neville is a serial killer of them.

• Stop with the CGI...REALLY not necessary.

• Have Neville cure the girl darkseeker and together they set out to trap the darkseekers and cure them.

• They kept teasing Omega Man, with the mannequins in the video store. In OM, one of them was the girl hiding...why did they not use that? They set it up!
    Geo the Giant Killer aka Geophyrd aka me
    http://geophyrd.livejournal.com/

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Geophyrd View Post
    But everytime I click the link I got a big white screen blocking your text.

I saw I am Legend. I think if they lopped off the last 45 minutes and changed them, it would have been a brilliant movie. Will Smith's acting was great...the flick considerably less so!

Spoilers:

There were plotlines that went NO WHERE:

• Who set the trap? That was pretty much a BS trap anyway...someone planned for him to notice the mannequin, step in the puddle and then cut himself loose so he falls in the puddle....yeah, no.

• Who was he trying to save? The darkseekers?

• How did that girl even get onto Manhattan?

• God was talking to her? Huh?

How I would have finished it:

There were glimmerings of intelligence in the darkseekers...use that. Make it so
    • that Neville is a serial killer of them.

• Stop with the CGI...REALLY not necessary.

• Have Neville cure the girl darkseeker and together they set out to trap the darkseekers and cure them.

• They kept teasing Omega Man, with the mannequins in the video store. In OM, one of them was the girl hiding...why did they not use that? They set it up!
    You must be using IE, evidently the site will work with every browser except crappy old Microsoft IE.

United States
    I used firefox to see the site
    but why in gods name would you make a web
    site that couldnt be viewed with IE?
    you dont want people seeing your page?

but anyways
    I knew the movie was not going to be like the novel
    frankly hollywood doesnt have the guts to make a true adaptation
    of the book. it was a remake of omega man i agree
    shame.
    could have made a classic film instead of another
    will smith movie

Twitching

Undisclosed
    It would be nice if Hollywood knocked realism on the head and went with vampires.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by kortick View Post
    I used firefox to see the site
    but why in gods name would you make a web
    site that couldnt be viewed with IE?
    you dont want people seeing your page?

but anyways
    I knew the movie was not going to be like the novel
    frankly hollywood doesnt have the guts to make a true adaptation
    of the book. it was a remake of omega man i agree
    shame.
    could have made a classic film instead of another
    will smith movie
    Not everyone uses IE, IE is garbage. I didn't realize also when I was putting it up that it wasn't going to work with IE ( a testament to how **** IE truly is). I built it using Safari, but tested it in Firefox and also in Camino. And it worked fine in all of those. I will have to figure out why its messed up in IE though, I notice a number of Wordpress pages have that issue.

United States
    I use IE and it worked fine for me, I got the white screen but a few seconds later the blog loaded.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The movie had many flaws, but at least the Smith haters got put in their place.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    The movie had many flaws, but at least the Smith haters got put in their place.
    Will Smith sucks pretty hard. You could see him smirking when he delivered his lines, especially when talking to the manaquins (sp?) in the bookstore.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalLoco View Post
    Will Smith sucks pretty hard. You could see him smirking when he delivered his lines, especially when talking to the manaquins (sp?) in the bookstore.

Probably because he was talking to them as if they were real people. Do you not smirk when you talk to random people sometimes? He was trying to feel normal again - smile at people on the street, have people greet him when he enters stores, etc.

I suppose next you're going to tell me that all the emotional scenes were no good because he "sucks pretty hard"?

Sometimes I think people just TRY to hate this guy for no reason..

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed

Probably because he was talking to them as if they were real people. Do you not smirk when you talk to random people sometimes? He was trying to feel normal again - smile at people on the street, have people greet him when he enters stores, etc.

I suppose next you're going to tell me that all the emotional scenes were no good because he "sucks pretty hard"?

Sometimes I think people just TRY to hate this guy for no reason..
    I'm pretty sure he didn't take the role of Neville seriously and perhaps isn't really that good of an actor to begin with. Will Smith pretty much sucks at life.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalLoco View Post
    I'm pretty sure he didn't take the role of Neville seriously and perhaps isn't really that good of an actor to begin with. Will Smith pretty much sucks at life.
    Didn't take it seriously? Are you serious?

No...he's not a good actor - Six Degrees of Seperation, The Pursuit of Happyness, The Legend of Bagger Vance, Ali. Let's not forget that he was nominated to two Academy Awards. Do your research.

And tell me.....how long have you and Smith known each other. I mean, you must know him personally since you know that he "sucks at life"....

capncnut
    Interesting arguments from both ends, but at the end of the day, Will Smith is pantz!

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Didn't take it seriously? Are you serious?

No...he's not a good actor - Six Degrees of Seperation, The Pursuit of Happyness, The Legend of Bagger Vance, Ali. Let's not forget that he was nominated to two Academy Awards. Do your research.

And tell me.....how long have you and Smith known each other. I mean, you must know him personally since you know that he "sucks at life"....
    The Legend of Bagger Vance... Yeah, he's a REAL Cary Grant, that guy.