Thread: Just a quick rant... Craig Ferguson is a T**t

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK

Just a quick rant... Craig Ferguson is a T**t

I'm a geordie and i'm proud of it and i know it's comedy, but craig ferguson is a total twat.

What a prick

plus, never, NEVER associate Tony Blair with Newcastle.....

we're better than that f***wit

Super Moderator

UK
    Hmmm...a Scottish guy with an American talk show? Weird.

What's the big deal though? I duno where Tony Blair came from, but if he did come from Newcastle, so what? His dialogue isn't about Newcastle, it's about Tony Blair - about one of up to probably a mere five Brits the average beer swilling American would know (or so the impression goes at least).

It seems more like a subtle dig at American assumptions/stereotypes about Britain, and of course they all know who Tony Blair is, so if you're gonna crack jokes about Britain on an American talk show, you're probably going to end up chatting about Pants On Fire.

I didn't find it that funny, but I didn't find it offensive either...I was still wrestling with the concept of a Scottish guy heading up an American talk show.

Don't you guys have enough talk shows over there?

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    i'm just having a bad day so far and that rant has kinda made me feel a little better....

ok... now that's done, can someone delete this thread?

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Hmmm...a Scottish guy with an American talk show? Weird.
    Why not? Billy Connolly had a sitcom, I do believe.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Cykotic View Post
    i'm just having a bad day so far and that rant has kinda made me feel a little better....

ok... now that's done, can someone delete this thread?
    Errr, no.

If it's over, then it's over and it'll flee down the board like a ho's undercrackers...or maybe someone else on the forum thinks Craig Fergusson is a n00b.

It's just odd though, American talk show ... Scottish host ... just odd.

United States
    Tony Blair - about one of up to probably a mere five Brits the average beer swilling American would know (or so the impression goes at least).
    Let's put it to the test (I'm not beer-swilling, but I think I still qualify as an "average" American):

1. Tony Blair (he's the PM, right?), though I personally don't even know what he looks like.

2. Prince Charles (is he still alive?)....at least, I think he hasn't been guillotined yet.

[s]3. Prince Harry .....[/s]

.....meh, let's just clump the entire royal family into #2. It pretty much goes without saying that they're famous.

3. .....ah....um.....yeah.

You were wrong. Americans only know around 2 of you, at best.

Unless people like, say, Ozzy Osbourne or David Bowie count. But I don't think entertainers should.

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    1. Tony Blair (he's the PM, right?), though I personally don't even know what he looks like.
    I was about to correct you but then I detected possible sarcasm which caught me unawares... Now I'm in limbo here.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I was about to correct you but then I detected possible sarcasm which caught me unawares... Now I'm in limbo here.
    Although just in case - you never know who's reading - unfortunately we now have ex-Chancellor of the Massive Tax Payer's Cheque Book, Darth Clown (aka Gordon Brown) ... he's a complete c*nt ... looks like one too.

F*ckin' douche brown...

United States
    Although just in case - you never know who's reading - unfortunately we now have ex-Chancellor of the Massive Tax Payer's Cheque Book, Darth Clown (aka Gordon Brown) ... he's a complete c*nt ... looks like one too.

F*ckin' douche brown...
    Hey, don't worry. In 40 years, most people will think these guys never existed, right?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    Hey, don't worry. In 40 years, most people will think these guys never existed, right?
    Except all those living through the consequences of idiotic policy.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    This thread made me realize something about men in the United Kingdom. A lot of them seem to be gay.

Craig Ferguson, Elton John, David Bowie, Sir Ian McWhathefuk, etc..

Now we all know Prince Charles and Tony Blair aren't gay, but they do seem a little feminine to most Americans, I think.

Another strange coincidence is how many UKers come to America to die. For instance, George Harrison died in L.A., John Enwhistle kicked over in Vegas, and of course, you have Lennon getting his memory blown out by Chapman in New York.

I'm not knocking the migration patterns or manhood of UKers, but I just find it odd that Americans go down to Florida to die, while the Brits go the US.

What say you, UK?

EDIT: But back to the topic. Craig Ferguson is pretty much considered a joke here. His ratings are in the tank, and I presume, he'll be back in Scotland soon, peddling sheepskin condoms to the hill clans.
    Last edited by SoCalLoco; 06-Feb-2008 at 03:56 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm sure there's far more gays in America than in the UK ... what with us being 61 million and America being, what, 250 million?

Heck, San Francisco is jam packed with all flavours of gay ... that's the impression we get anyway ... and you know what, fair play to 'em.

If anything, the traditional British get away is Spain, which is why large chunks of it are essentially becoming Britain: Part 2...poor Spanish folk.