Thread: Why Microsoft's Disabling "Unauthorized Storage Devices" And Its Consequences

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Thumbs down Why Microsoft's Disabling "Unauthorized Storage Devices" And Its Consequences

MOre BS From MS.

How the hell can they authorize a company making a liscenced product for their console and then just say "O.K. change of plans, everyone who spent their money on these storage units you've basically wasted your money." I know it's in an effort to stop cheating but how is that our problem?

i can even see if they grandfathered it, like whoever bought them it's all good but from now on no new devices will be recognized. But this is straight bullshit. Then again they seem to be doing something like this every other day, so...ya.

I don't know if this is yet another consequence of rushing the system to market but just as they did with the RROD they need to bite the bullet and have customers send in their now obselete storage devices and have MS replace them at their expense.

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/70...sequences.html

Last edited by darth los; 23-Oct-2009 at 04:40 PM.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    eh, ive got a ps3, to be honest out of the two ive found one of the things i choose my ps3 over 360 was all this external devices stuff, i basically play 360 and arcade games on my 360 and thats it. if i want to do something a bit different i'll go on my ps3, with its ever so manly moving zebras theme