Thread: Capcom Planning Dead Rising Movie Conversion

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Capcom Planning Dead Rising Movie Conversion

Well, atleast diary and land look much better now...

By the way, anyone hear anything on the potential law suit against these guys by our buddy rubenstei et. al.?

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1063601p1.html

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Well, atleast diary and land look much better now...

By the way, anyone hear anything on the potential law suit against these guys by our buddy rubenstei et. al.?

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1063601p1.html

No mall? Phht! Romero's 2 minute Resident Evil 2 advert was better than this whole movie.

Administrator

England
    Im about 90% sure that suite got dropped/lost.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Hm. "The movie will follow the exploits of brothers Shin and Jouji who must escape from a quarantined town that's filled with zombies." That's funny - the trailer made the movie look like a nurse trying to escape from a warehouse filled with a group of "bad guys" and some zombies.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Im about 90% sure that suite got dropped/lost.
    K, thnx, because i googled my ass off and couldn't find any info on that.

Dead rising talk always makes me think of that lawsuit.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    I really don't see how that's Dead Rising. Beyond the red-eyed shamblers, and that dude being involved, how is it anything alike?

It's a cheap cash-in on the name. Smells more like a promotional gimmick for the Dead Rising 2 videogame.

Undisclosed
    Romero Dead Rising Lawsuit Dismissed

Basically, the judge's reason for dismissing the case is because unlike the original DAWN, Dead Rising is apparently devoid of any ideas.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Romero Dead Rising Lawsuit Dismissed

Basically, the judge's reason for dismissing the case is because unlike the original DAWN, Dead Rising is apparently devoid of any ideas.
    They could say the same about most of today's films as well, but hey, that's just me.