Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fangoria Legends Presents George A. Romero

Administrator

England

Fangoria Legends Presents George A. Romero

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm probably going to receive a bunch of anger for this, but do people still order physical copies of Fangoria? Honestly, I thought that all died off years ago....

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Not that I actually buy Fangoria, but this looks cool. On a related note, I wonder if long-touted, on-again off-again, Fangoria-produced Romero/Savini remake of Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things will ever come to fruition. Hope so. It's pretty much the only remake concept I've heard of recently that sounded remotely interesting.

ViP

United States
    I ordered it. I haven't received it yet.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    I ordered it. I haven't received it yet.
    How long ago did you order? How much was it?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    How long ago did you order? How much was it?
    Ordered last Wednesday, ran about $14 US.

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I'm probably going to receive a bunch of anger for this, but do people still order physical copies of Fangoria? Honestly, I thought that all died off years ago....
    Since Tony Timpone's not in charge of Fango, I've heard it's gotten better. Plus this issue isn't available on the stands, so I'm not sure if it'll be fully available online.

United States
    I'd buy that for a dollar.

Super Moderator

UK
    Any good places for we Brits to purchase a copy?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Any good places for we Brits to purchase a copy?
    I've ordered it direct (online)... Not much more really... About $18 in total!
    -Carl Sagan

ViP

United States
    I'll echo jscott's comments. Look back a few months and check out the issue with Savini on it. It is a highly recommended issue for all Romero-heads.

EDIT: It is issue #304

United States
    I ordered mine last night. I think it was 9.99 and then 3 or 4 bucks for shipping in the US. There are only 1000 copies so it will probably go fast!

United States
    Where did you guys order it from? I just went to Fangoria.com and they had an article on the main page, dated from Feb., saying it was "coming soon". No clickable link. Also it wasnt listed in the Store link either.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    Where did you guys order it from? I just went to Fangoria.com and they had an article on the main page, dated from Feb., saying it was "coming soon". No clickable link. Also it wasnt listed in the Store link either.
    Do you have a pop up blocker active, Philly? I had an offer to purchase the current issue pop up as soon as I went to the site.

Their site is somewhat unintuitive, though...no current offerings/current issue options easily listed in their online store.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Do you have a pop up blocker active, Philly? I had an offer to purchase the current issue pop up as soon as I went to the site.

Their site is somewhat unintuitive, though...no current offerings/current issue options easily listed in their online store.
    That was the problem, thanks! Just ordered it!

Anyone got their issue yet? 2+ weeks for axl & I and nada!