Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Romero Hypotheticals

United States

Romero Hypotheticals

Hypotheticals, just for the hell of it...

NOTLD: If Tom hadn't been a complete dumb ass (I still shake my head at his stupidity) and they had managed to refuel and get back to the house -- then what?

DAWN: What if they had never come upon one of those "new indoor shopping centers" (that line always cracks me up) and kept going?

DAY: What if Major Cooper hadn't passed onward? Would he have been able to control Rhodes? What next?

Anyway, just some thoughts for discussion... feel free to add your own thoughts and hypotheticals.

-- j.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    What if Big Daddy didn't exist?

ANSWER: LAND would have been a great freaking movie and wouldn't have sucked the sweat off a goats nut sack.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    have to agree re: big daddy

what would've happened if the kids in diary weren't "filmmakers"? no Diary!!!!
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    What would have happened if the dead didn't rise?

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    What would have happened to Steven, Fran and Peter if the raiders hadn't come?

What would have happened if the posse hadn't arrived in Night? Would Ben have escaped, or would he have rotted down there?

What would have happened if the cops at the police dock had decided to steal the chopper, leaving the survivors with only the boat and possibly no Steven? Where would they have ended up?

United States
    What would have happened if Ben and the others had just stayed in the cellar as Mr. Cooper wanted?

What would have happened if Roger had not been bitten while barricading the mall doors?

What would have happened if Miguel had been watched more closely and not been able to leave the cave?

What would have happened if DJ tried to turn this into a Land bashing thread? Oh, wait... he did.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    what would've happened if the kids in diary weren't "filmmakers"?
    Dear diary,

Today I saw dead people...

It begs the question, could Diary have been worse? I suppose so.

Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    What would have happened if DJ tried to turn this into a Land bashing thread? Oh, wait... he did.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    What would have happened if the dead didn't rise?
    There's elements of this idea that could be used to nice ends in a short story, I'd think. Not your run-of-the-mill zombie fan fic, either.
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 07-Jul-2009 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    night: they drive about for a bit till the mob shows up and the night of the living deads over.
    dawn: they fly till the run out of gas and try to make it on the ground for as long as they can, im guessing they survive a few months and something just goes wrong.
    day: i still think they would have turned mutinous as stress built up, maybe they would have lasted a bit longer, but when they found out about frankenstein i think it was inevitable that they would have all had the mass breakdown they have at the end.
    land: big daddy was the catalyst of the story, if he didnt exist then everything stayed the same as in the last few minutes, might have made for an okay series, but as a movie itd be pretty boring.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    DAWN: What if they had never come upon one of those "new indoor shopping centers" (that line always cracks me up) and kept going?
    They were low on fuel. They couldn't have made it far. Evidence suggests that no one else in the surrounding area had set up a base. They likely die within the week. It's possible they make it to what becomes a protected city and live on there.

DAY: What if Major Cooper hadn't passed onward? Would he have been able to control Rhodes? What next?
    Major Cooper held the group together until his passing which was minimally 8+ months, perhaps a year or more. Given that amount of time it stands to reason he could've held them together indefinetly. Events disintegrated within a few days of his passing, indicating his presence (or lack thereof) was very important.

I don't believe the research would ever uncover real solutions, so in all likelihood the group is eventually faced with a decision. Continue fruitless research or eek out an existence. If they abandon the research the next question is whether to abandon the base. We know there is an island within flight distance. It's likely at least some of them move there and have whatever fate John, Bill, and Sara had.

Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    What would have happened to Steven, Fran and Peter if the raiders hadn't come?
    They leave the mall. We already know they were preparing to. They fly off and either encounter a protected city and become part of its populace or they realize why there wasn't anyone else left as they spend their dying breath cursing having left the mall.

What would have happened if the cops at the police dock had decided to steal the chopper, leaving the survivors with only the boat and possibly no Steven? Where would they have ended up?
    Same as if they hadn't found the shopping mall. Likely die within a week (or less). Possibly become residents in a protected city, in this case one that literally springs up around them. Possibly use the boat and travel some distance and then die.

I'm surprised this thread didn't go anywhere. I love this kind of speculation. Yes, I know, these threads come along every six months.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    If I found myself in a group of survivors in any zombie flick that comes to mind--especially the group in Dawn '04--I would get the hell away for them ASAP. Shit, I can screw things up on my own, and get killed without anybody's help.

YMMV

United States
    I'm surprised this thread didn't go anywhere. I love this kind of speculation. Yes, I know, these threads come along every six months.
    i, too, think this thread has some potential, but almost all hypotheticals have been covered within the first couple of posts...we've all analyzed the original trilogy numerous times and thought about what would've/could've gone differerently, so fresh ideas are hard to come up with....and no one really gives a shit about land or diary enough to bother, or so it seems...

United States
    Hypotheticals, just for the hell of it...

NOTLD: If Tom hadn't been a complete dumb ass (I still shake my head at his stupidity) and they had managed to refuel and get back to the house -- then what?

Anyway, just some thoughts for discussion... feel free to add your own thoughts and hypotheticals.

-- j.
    what if-night:barbra woke up and it was just a dream,dawn: fran -same, day:same. be intresting to see how they would act.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiekiller View Post
    what if-night:barbra woke up and it was just a dream,dawn: fran -same, day:same. be intresting to see how they would act.
    Hi, My name is Larry, and this is my brother Darryl and my other brother Darryl...

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Same as if they hadn't found the shopping mall. Likely die within a week (or less). Possibly become residents in a protected city, in this case one that literally springs up around them. Possibly use the boat and travel some distance and then die.
    I think a lot of people underestimate just how much of a cool-headed badass Peter is. I think, provided his suicidal impulses don't take over, he would be able to live indefinitely in a zombified world, never underestimating or playing into the hands of his undead or living enemies. I just rewatched Dawn (Euro-version) and it really hit me how, in the whole course of the movie, he never really puts one foot wrong, he does nothing that isn't intentional and planned, all the mistakes were made by Stephen and Roger.

United States
    I think a lot of people underestimate just how much of a cool-headed badass Peter is. I think, provided his suicidal impulses don't take over, he would be able to live indefinitely in a zombified world, never underestimating or playing into the hands of his undead or living enemies. I just rewatched Dawn (Euro-version) and it really hit me how, in the whole course of the movie, he never really puts one foot wrong, he does nothing that isn't intentional and planned, all the mistakes were made by Stephen and Roger.
    Peter is my hero of ALL the Dead films!