Thread: Region 2 Edition of Day of the Dead?

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

Region 2 Edition of Day of the Dead?

I'm just wondering if there are any editions of Day of the Dead DVD (other than region 1) that has any extra's that are different from the R1 DVD set that came out a few years ago?

Also, are there any deleted scenes or alternate scenes available for Dawn of the Dead on any other dvds other than the Ultimate Disc set?

England
    http://www.amazon.com/Day-Dead-Terry...?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

this is the one i have and mines region 2 - it only has a behind the scenes and theatrical trailer on it tho so its not at all crammed with extras but its somthing.

Im not sure what extras were on the other editions so maybe you already have this? My appologies if you do

Super Moderator

UK
    Have a gander at the sticky post on this forum (Dead Discussion), 'looking for the DVD' or whatever it's titled.

They're all Region 1, but those are the copies of each film you wanna own on DVD.

Day of the Dead - divimax edition (R1) is superb, likewise the R1 "ultimate edition" (4-disc) for Dawn is superb.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Have a gander at the sticky post on this forum (Dead Discussion), 'looking for the DVD' or whatever it's titled.

They're all Region 1, but those are the copies of each film you wanna own on DVD.

Day of the Dead - divimax edition (R1) is superb, likewise the R1 "ultimate edition" (4-disc) for Dawn is superb.
    is that dvd of day the one that came with the scratch pad of dr. logans notes and hade 2 disc's?

Super Moderator

UK
    Yes, the Divimax edition of Day does have the Logan 'notebook' and two discs. It's a great DVD, I'm very glad I bought it. The image, particularly, is fantastic.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    I was hoping more Region 2 versions, i've heard that there are other extra's on other DVD's in other region DVDs.

Fresh Meat

England
    the best r2 version came out earlier this year.

arrowfilms.co.uk/index.php?tle_id=271&art_id=4

it does have an exclusive commentary, but the rest of the extras are pretty much the same as the divimax r1. i'd go for the divimax personally as you get the commentary from gar and i think there's a couple of extra trailers or something like that.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Actually, I have all the versions of both Dawn and Day on DVD, all the previous Anchor Bay releases, and the reason I'm going outside other regions is FOR other extra's, :P I guess I really wasn't clear about that. I heard about that R2 version with Nicotero's commentary, I just haven't seen it anywhere I wanted to buy it (don't care for eBay). Are there any other DVDs out there with other extras?

Super Moderator

UK
    I don't think so really, that R2 dvd of Day you're talking about with the Nicotero commentary is in place of the original GAR & Co commentary from the Divimax edition.

Otherwise, I really don't think there's any case where R2 has more or different extras than R1 - like I said before, R1 has the best DVDs for all of GAR's zombie flicks.

Whatever you do, don't buy the tin edition or the 2006 special edition of Night of the Living Dead on R2 - they're both cut by about 4 minutes, don't ask me why as I don't know why any distributor would be that retarded, but believe me they are. I was able to return a copy of Night I bought on the tin edition and it had shedloads of zombie footage ripped out of it very badly.

The Tin Edition is basically a pass at the Millennium Edition on R1 - but again, the R1 wins the fight.