Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anchorman 2 [film]

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Being Attacked

England
    Someone sent me the link last light, I felt giddy!

Cannot wait for this

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Knighty View Post
    Someone sent me the link last light, I felt giddy!

Cannot wait for this
    To fear it's come too late though...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    After years of false starts, I find it hard to believe it will actually happen.

If it does, i'm already dreading having to hear quotes from the original everyday of my life leading up to the sequel's release. *sigh* People had finally started to give the quotes a rest, too....
    Last edited by bassman; 29-Mar-2012 at 10:35 AM. Reason: .

Being Attacked

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    To fear it's come too late though...
    As long as the cast actually want to do it (and not forced or just for the money) I think it could still work. All the principle cast have said in the past how enjoyable it was and Ferrel can still hold a comedy film with the best of them.

Super Moderator

United States
    Don't care what anyone says, I enjoyed the first one. Let the haters hate; all the more enjoyment, in fact

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    If it does, i'm already dreading having to hear quotes from the original everyday of my life leading up to the sequel's release. *sigh* People had finally started to give the quotes a rest, too....
    I figured I'd hear this from Danny, but not you! Et tu, Bassy?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I figured I'd hear this from Danny, but not you! Et tu, Bassy?
    Don't get me wrong, man.....the movie is hilarious. It's a very funny flick. I just became extremely tired of people quoting the film over and over again. It lasted for many years after the movie was released and really started to get to me. The fact that people were quoting the film says a lot about it's quality, but it just felt like so much in such a little amount of time that I ended up HATING hearing anything about Anchorman.

I look forward to Anchorman 2. I just don't look forward to hearing some assclown throw out quotes every few minutes thinking he's cool for doing so. I love funny movie quotes and use them often, but there comes a time to hold back a bit, ya know?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    sorry but i've got to be a hater. i cannot stand will ferrell and think that along with jerry seinfeld and jay leno, he is probably one of the most unfunny people i can think of.

then again, like i've said before, i tend to find american humor inane, idiotic, childish, crude and unsophisticated. i far prefer darker, drier british style humor.

i just simply don't find most american "comedies" even remotely funny. i actually find most of them insulting to the viewer. i nearly pulled an elvis on my tv the first time i saw the trailer for that american pie reunion movie. that is the last thing the world needs.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    sorry but i've got to be a hater. i cannot stand will ferrell and think that along with jerry seinfeld and jay leno, he is probably one of the most unfunny people i can think of.
    I'm glad someone else feels the same as I do about Will Ferrell. I cannot STAND him and I think he's probably the most un-funny idiot to ever hit the big screen.

Anchorman 2?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I look forward to Anchorman 2. I just don't look forward to hearing some assclown throw out quotes every few minutes thinking he's cool for doing so. I love funny movie quotes and use them often, but there comes a time to hold back a bit, ya know?
    But... but... I love lamp?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

-- -------- Post added 21-May-2012 at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was 16-May-2012 at 07:46 AM ----------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQqT5IbXlNw

Administrator

England
    +1 for mike and lou.

I heard about this and i thought.. oh joy.. i havnt been so hyped for a sequel since "Drying Paint 2: Return of the Roller"

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    +1 for mike and lou.

I heard about this and i thought.. oh joy.. i havnt been so hyped for a sequel since "Drying Paint 2: Return of the Roller"

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    ^^Wonderful picture!!
    -Carl Sagan

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post

then again, like i've said before, i tend to find american humor inane, idiotic, childish, crude and unsophisticated. i far prefer darker, drier british style humor.
    Funny you should say that, Mike, because normally I would completely agree with you: I cannot stand primitive, formulaic, schmaltzy comedies like Friends and American Pie, but Anchorman is one of my favourite movies. I don't think of it as a standard American comedy though; if I was asked to describe it I'd say it was like a cross between Alan Partridge and Money Python, and that's really what I like about it. Oh well, different strokes and all that.

With that said, I didn't find the teaser as funny as I'd expected. Still, hope it's great.
    Last edited by krakenslayer; 22-May-2012 at 07:18 PM. Reason: .