Thread: This place still here?

United States

This place still here?

Well its been forever and a day since I regularly hung out here. life is a funny thing sometimes. Here's the story thus far:

As of January 2007 I was living in Allentown in a rented house, still working for the same bank in the same position. I moved to A-town to get a promotion and was told in December I wasn't guarranteed it, asshats!!! My wife was working partime in her field but couldn't move up because the position was only part time. My friend who i worked with before i moved called and said she needed an assistant manager at the location she was. She pursuaded me and with coaxing from Mrs. Monro I went for it. I got the job for the positon I have been coveting for years. It required a move back to central PA where i'm from but 90 min from where my wife and here family are from.

We found a house in Hershey PA 2 weeks after getting the job, which left me 2 weeks to pack my stuff and move in before work began on Feb 5. We have a great house now which we love. It took Mrs. Monro until 2 weeks ago to get a full time job and this one is in her field of her Master's degree.

We found out at the end of May that she is pregnant, I'm gonna be a daddy. I'm really excited, most of the people that know me can attest to that. I can't wait to be a dad and show off my lil zombie at conventions when they get older and can enjoy it. She is due at the end of January and she can't wait either.

I've been away just because I've been caught up doing other things in life and the Romero portion of my life has suffered. I missed the entire production and all info on Diary and I am embarrased. I have been attending conventions as much as before but haven't even touched my website in almost a year , have tons of updates but just no motivation.

So i'm coming back to hopefully get my Romero mojo back and meet some of the new faces and reconnect with some of my oldhead HPOTD friends from yesteryear.

Well thats all, just wanted to say hello and what not, see ya around

ViP

United States
    Good to hear from you, and glad all is well.

United States
    but haven't even touched my website in almost a year ,
    Yeah, I noticed......

But hey, congrats on all the stuff that is going good in your life!

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Congrats and welcome back!

Kazakhstan
    hey stranger, havent seen you in aggggesss

you got any more dawn of the dead tattoos?
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Undisclosed
    well done and welcome back, also nothing beats the first time you look into your babies eyes, its the greatest feeling in the world....enjoy

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by fartpants View Post
    well done and welcome back, also nothing beats the first time you look into your babies eyes, its the greatest feeling in the world....enjoy
    Especially if you are a hungry zombie.......

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    Especially if you are a hungry zombie.......
    damn beat me to it

thanks guys, i've missed it here. Liam no more DOTD tats yet but they're coming I promise just have to get the funding to get more but I've got some ideas
    Last edited by Monrozombi; 03-Aug-2007 at 01:32 AM.

United States
    That got me wondering...

How long ago did you first start coming here?

I think I came here in 1998, but after two or so major server crashes of HPOTD or whatnot, no one knows the exact date, hehe!

Anyone else?

Wow... almost 10 f**king years! Man, I'm a geek!

Dawg

Original Member Since 1998. [10 YEARS AND COUNTING!]

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Monrozombi View Post
    Well its been forever and a day since I regularly hung out here. life is a funny thing sometimes. Here's the story thus far:

As of January 2007 I was living in Allentown in a rented house, still working for the same bank in the same position. I moved to A-town to get a promotion and was told in December I wasn't guarranteed it, asshats!!! My wife was working partime in her field but couldn't move up because the position was only part time. My friend who i worked with before i moved called and said she needed an assistant manager at the location she was. She pursuaded me and with coaxing from Mrs. Monro I went for it. I got the job for the positon I have been coveting for years. It required a move back to central PA where i'm from but 90 min from where my wife and here family are from.

We found a house in Hershey PA 2 weeks after getting the job, which left me 2 weeks to pack my stuff and move in before work began on Feb 5. We have a great house now which we love. It took Mrs. Monro until 2 weeks ago to get a full time job and this one is in her field of her Master's degree.

We found out at the end of May that she is pregnant, I'm gonna be a daddy. I'm really excited, most of the people that know me can attest to that. I can't wait to be a dad and show off my lil zombie at conventions when they get older and can enjoy it. She is due at the end of January and she can't wait either.

I've been away just because I've been caught up doing other things in life and the Romero portion of my life has suffered. I missed the entire production and all info on Diary and I am embarrased. I have been attending conventions as much as before but haven't even touched my website in almost a year , have tons of updates but just no motivation.

So i'm coming back to hopefully get my Romero mojo back and meet some of the new faces and reconnect with some of my oldhead HPOTD friends from yesteryear.

Well thats all, just wanted to say hello and what not, see ya around
    Monrozombi, I am a newcomer to this site, though a longtime GAR fan (Sounds like the longtime/firstime spiel talk radio callers say!)

Anyways, although we have never corresponded, I still just wanted to congratulate you on the upcoming birth of your child. And may that child be a masculine child...oh sorry, wrong movie!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    And may that child be a masculine child...oh sorry, wrong movie!
    You'll sleep with the fishes
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
    That got me wondering...

How long ago did you first start coming here?

I think I came here in 1998, but after two or so major server crashes of HPOTD or whatnot, no one knows the exact date, hehe!

Anyone else?

Wow... almost 10 f**king years! Man, I'm a geek!

Dawg

I came here in late 97/early 98 so i've been here through the big crash of 01, the HPOTD refugees and every incarnation of the board and hacks and spams, and i'm still here ticking away

Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Monrozombi, I am a newcomer to this site, though a longtime GAR fan (Sounds like the longtime/firstime spiel talk radio callers say!)

Anyways, although we have never corresponded, I still just wanted to congratulate you on the upcoming birth of your child. And may that child be a masculine child...oh sorry, wrong movie!
    Yojimbo, nice meeting you. There are tons of new faces here and a lot of old friends I need to rekindle good bonds with. I've just been reading a lot of posts and getting a feel for the place again.

and if you get out of line you will be my childs first meal
    Last edited by Monrozombi; 04-Aug-2007 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    Welcome back and congrats.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190