Thread: Halo 3: Recon

United States

Halo 3: Recon

Well, here is what that Bungie teaser trailer was all about:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/...conpreview.htm

It is, as some have speculated, a new game based in the Halo universe. You will get to play as an ODST (Orbital Drop Shock Trooper) in the time leading up to the Master Chief's return to Earth at the beginning of Halo 3. It's scheduled release is Fall 2009.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunker65 View Post
    Well, here is what that Bungie teaser trailer was all about:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/...conpreview.htm

It is, as some have speculated, a new game based in the Halo universe. You will get to play as an ODST (Orbital Drop Shock Trooper) in the time leading up to the Master Chief's return to Earth at the beginning of Halo 3. It's scheduled release is Fall 2009.
    I can just hear my son asking for it already. But there's no way i'm going to tell him about it yet. That would be suicidal. You ever tell a kid that you're going on a trip in a couple of weeks? Exactly.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I can just hear my son asking for it already. But there's no way i'm going to tell him about it yet. That would be suicidal. You ever tell a kid that you're going on a trip in a couple of weeks? Exactly.

Hell no, you keep this info to yourself !!! You want to keep your sanity or whatever is left of it . You tell your son now & you are toast .

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Son?! Son that plays Halo/video games?! How old are you, dude??? I always thought you were only a few years older than me!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    will it be a downloadable expansion off live or a in store hard copy purchase though?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Son?! Son that plays Halo/video games?! How old are you, dude??? I always thought you were only a few years older than me!
    I'm only 30. lol

I actually have three sons ages 4, 7 and 9. Not all of them are into halo though.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    will it be a downloadable expansion off live or a in store hard copy purchase though?
    I've heard DVD hard copy to buy in a shop and everything.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I've heard DVD hard copy to buy in a shop and everything.
    I believe MZ is correct here. As far as I've heard or seen it's going to be a stand alone to be sold as it's own disc in the shops & stores.

If I hear or see anything different I'll post it here.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yep, officially disc only.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I believe MZ is correct here. As far as I've heard or seen it's going to be a stand alone to be sold as it's own disc in the shops & stores.

If I hear or see anything different I'll post it here.
    Yeah, until a super duper collectors edition comes out with a limited edition spartan jock strap.

United States
    Yeah, until a super duper collectors edition comes out with a limited edition spartan jock strap.

I'd buy that for a dollar . Actually, about 70+ some odd dollars .

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'd buy that for a dollar . Actually, about 70+ some odd dollars .
    I'll tell you what though. It better be waaaaaaay bigger than that minature helmet the last on came with. LMFAO!! In my case atleast.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    FALL 2009??

That's like, november after next right?

That's ****ing lame. I wish they wouldn't be announcing this **** so early. **** them.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.