Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diary of the Dead

Dead

Undisclosed

Diary of the Dead

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/7081

I really don't know what to think about this if it proves to be true. Sure another Romero zombie movie would be nice, but I was hoping a little bit more for a traditional zombie movie.

United States

Any zombie movie.....

is a good zombie movie.

Well.....maybe not "Children of the Living Dead".....or "Dawn of the Dead 2004"....or "Day of the Dead: Contagioum" or.....yeesh....never mind!!!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed

No. No. That's not true. That's impossible!

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    i would like land 2! but another entry of romero is better than 1000 remakes!

Undisclosed
    Sorry to say, but this looks retarded.
    By the way, Sci Fi Wire is reporting the same news, so its probably real.

~P

Dying

Undisclosed

And Reuters

Horror veteran Romero returns to "Dead" zone
    By Gregg Goldstein

NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) - The dead are rising again. Horror maven George A. Romero has signed on to write and direct "George A. Romero's Diary of the Dead," following in the tradition of his 1968 cult classic "Night of the Living Dead."

With a story mixing elements of "The Blair Witch Project" and the long-running "Dead" series, the film will follow a group of college students shooting a horror movie in the woods who stumble upon a real zombie uprising. When the onslaught begins, they seize the moment as any good film students would, capturing the undead in a "cinema verite" style that causes more than the usual production headaches.

After going more than two decades without making an independently financed zombie film, Romero told his production partner Peter Grunwald he was frustrated working within the system. "I was trying to convince Peter we could just run off and do it ourselves," he said.

Instead they convinced Artfire Films to finance the under-$5 million project, enough to work with union crew members who've been longtime friends.

Romero's new script replaces the original's static-filled radio with new technologies like smartphones to inform characters of impending doom. But fans can expect the classic Romero style.

"It has my sensibility, my sense of socioeconomic satire," he said. "And it has my zombies! They're not rushing around -- they're gonna be moving slow." Added Grunwald, "There'll be a lot of howling."

The film's four-week shoot is scheduled to begin October 11 in Toronto.

"Dead" is just the latest in a series of films with a recurring theme for Romero, including 1978's "Dawn of the Dead," 1985's "Day of the Dead" and 2005's "Land of the Dead." His other credits include 1982's "Creepshow," 1973's "The Crazies" and the 1974 TV documentary "O.J. Simpson: Juice on the Loose."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    It doesn't really sound that great. But then again, this is Romero without studio influence (Romero at his best). And at least he's not rehashing what's already been done. Uhm, unless you count like... The Dead Hate the Living.

So, Ok. It might be good.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Hrm...sounds different. I know I'll be there on opening day.

Good to know that he wasn't too pleased with "Land" due to the studio being involved...

Banned User

United States
    Somebody call Samuel.

Undisclosed
    Hhmmm.....sounds interesting. I hope what doesn't happen is that Romero relies heavily on the amateurish camera-work that made "Blair Witch" stand out. Please, George, use a vast majority of actual film stock!

And the fact that it's a group of college students sounds too much like a typical cheesy horror flick w/young hotties being picked off one by one as they off to have sex with each other.

What I like so far is that it sounds like he's making a film toward the beginning of the outbreak which is what I've been hoping for for a long time. Instead of making the films in a straight timeline, I've been wanting different films to take place at different times.

Hope it's as good as LAND.

United States
    It sure is interesting. When you think about it Romero may just give Brad Pitt's production company an idea on how they can shoot World War Z either as a full-lenght feature film or as a Band of Brothers-type of mini-series.
    "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."
    --- Batman

Martin, LA (the sticks). I'm writing a zombie script to be filmed in this area with cheap DVs!
    United States
    yeahhhhh, it sounds stupid....but stop groaning, it's Romero!
    I Corinthians 1:18-31 18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by radiokill
    Agreed. I mean, sure, this premise was done in both "Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things" and "The Dead Hate the Living," but both those movies sucked, and Romero could get it right.
    I liked LAND but what really bugged me about it was the fact that it was too polished...part of what made the other entries amazing was what a gritty, down to earth apocalypse they portrayed. There's a feature on the DVD where you can see certain shots before they were digitally manipulated, and each time, I always felt that the shots looked more like a scene from the Dead trilogy before they had digital grading and CGI added. This sounds like a return to the grittier style of the previous films, and I'm all in favor of that.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiegirl
    Somebody call Samuel.

"What are these God Damned mutha f*ckin kids doin' in these mutha f*ckin woods filmin' this mutha f*ckin' sh*t!!??"

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by radiokill
    I'm not groaning, I was just really hoping for a continuation of Land of the Dead using some of the same characters since that's what he talked about at length in interviews when Land came out. Plus that Blair Witch comparison didn't help my opinion. I just hope Romero isn't following the other George by trying to continue a series long after its prime.