Thread: Should they make him go to war?

United States

Should they make him go to war?

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/reservi...00010000000001

Personally I think this guy should be forced to go to war again... he signed up for the job he should fulfill his duties. If has to serve extra time because of the strain on our troops then poo poo to you that's your own damn fault you signed up to fight for your country and you can't choose when to stop until your contract is up. My boyfriend worked loyally for the government for 8 years in the Navy and it wasn't a pleasant job. He was at sea almost all the time and when he wasn't in the middle of the ocean he was stationed far from home in Japan and England and Italy. Its riddick but thats what you have to do when you sign up. They tell you that you're going somewhere and they need you and you ask where and for how long. This traitor should be booted from the country and sent to live in the Yukon Territory or something.
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Banned User

Undisclosed
    tough call, 5th deployment... i thought you're only supposed to do 2.

United States
    And you are supposed to have a furlough equal to the time you were in theatre. If he served 5 tours there is no way he had that.
    Its like they want him to keep fighting until he cant because he's dead or crazy.
    He's Not a traitor
    He served 5 tours. Thats just a crazy statement, that he's a traitor. This isn't the soviet union. Even in Nam you couldnt serve over 3. And only 1 was mandatory.

So your boyfriend was in the Navy for 8 years. THATS NOT IN COMBAT. My uncle served for 40 years.

I think whoever puts someone in that position for a meaningless war is the traitor.
    Serving your country doesnt mean they can do whatever they want to you. Uncle Joe Stalin did that and thats why he is a much loved historical figure. Yes, that is supposed to be ironic.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Dying

Undisclosed
    Hmmm. He has spent 11 1/2 months, spread over 4 different deployments when the typical ground pounder has 12 months for each deployment. That, and the fact that he is apparently in a critical specialty, he doesn't have a leg to stand on.
    Colonel "Bat" Guano: Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?
    Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: What?
    Colonel "Bat" Guano: You're gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola company.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by FoodFight View Post
    Hmmm. He has spent 11 1/2 months, spread over 4 different deployments when the typical ground pounder has 12 months for each deployment. That, and the fact that he is apparently in a critical specialty, he doesn't have a leg to stand on.
    I saw something about it on TV yesterday and it lead me to believe other wise. I thought he had much longer tours.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by FoodFight View Post
    Thread closed. You, sir, win an internet.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.