Thread: S U R V I V O R S on You Tube

Undisclosed

S U R V I V O R S on You Tube

Starting Tomorrow, Friday June 2nd, I will post the full Survivors movie on You Tube in little Webisodes each week for you to watch!
    I made it back in the fall of 2004 when I was 17, so it is a little rough around the edges, but ah what the hell, it's an indie zombie flick!

Here is the trailer on you tube---->Survivors Trailer

And I will post another thread tomorrow when I put the first webisode up.

Just been bitten Pistolero Films's Avatar

Undisclosed
    Very cool! Can't wait to see the whole flick!

Love the shot of the suspended blood...haha

Administrator

England
    Can't wait! Please post all the links on this thread so people can find them easily
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Any chance of posting the movie as a torrent? I can't stand watching stuff low quality but I'd love to see your film in avi as I'm sure would many others.

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    I watched the trailer ... four times, i thought it was very well filmed/acted etc and the overall quality looks a lot better than some stuff i have been out and bought recently on DVD.

I watched the trailer four times however because i was a bit confused ... this is a movie which is surely about cannibals rather than zombies?

Not only do they run pretty fast, but they also talk outloud "clear as you like" in a couple of shots ("come on out and let us have a taste"? ) and exhibit NO signs of being in the slightest bit dead.

Unless those shots were "bloopers" or something from "behind the scenes" and were left in the trailer by mistake?

Undisclosed
    Yes, please post em as avi's...some people dont have, wont have, or cant use Quicktime.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman_Deluxe
    I watched the trailer ... four times, i thought it was very well filmed/acted etc and the overall quality looks a lot better than some stuff i have been out and bought recently on DVD.

I watched the trailer four times however because i was a bit confused ... this is a movie which is surely about cannibals rather than zombies?

Not only do they run pretty fast, but they also talk outloud "clear as you like" in a couple of shots ("come on out and let us have a taste"? ) and exhibit NO signs of being in the slightest bit dead.

Unless those shots were "bloopers" or something from "behind the scenes" and were left in the trailer by mistake?
    Nope deadman, the zombies are the opposite of all zombies, they walk, talk, run and are pretty fresh in this little movie. Its the 21st century, zombies need to evolve.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistolero Films
    Yes, please post em as avi's...some people dont have, wont have, or cant use Quicktime.
    Hey man, I'll see what I can do, I am terrible when it comes to exporting certain files on my computer, I thought You Tube was like an all computer media player?
    I'll see what I can do, but i can't make any promises...I only really now how to edit on this comp of mine:P
    Last edited by livingdeadboy; 01-Jun-2006 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Not bad, what did you shoot on ? Interesting camera work, exposure looked dodgy in some places, but it is hard to tell from youtube, due to compression.
    I would be into seeing avi as well if possible.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by LD-50
    Not bad, what did you shoot on ? Interesting camera work, exposure looked dodgy in some places, but it is hard to tell from youtube, due to compression.
    I would be into seeing avi as well if possible.
    Oh just shot it on a normal sony mini dv camera, I was 17 and experimenting with new lighting, so it does look pretty dodgy in a lot of scenes. Thats as good of quality you're all gonna get of the movie. I lost all my original files from 2004 of the movie, so it's a rougher looking version of the movie. I think no matter what format I put it in, its going to look a little rough...but still viewable.

Undisclosed
    Hey,

You're learning aren't ya? And that's the main thing. I also think you took a risk by upgrading your zombies...some will love it, some will hate it, but what the hell...you took the risk!

Looking forward to your zombie flick, I know with the right kind of funding you'll have more to work with and by working on other films until next year, more ideas will come forward.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i liked what i saw, reminded me of raiders of the damned, seem some zombie flicks, some people on this forum worked on and even though the wiriting was good the acting was g.c.s.e drama standard and ruined it, it look cool here.

oh and that suspended blood pic, very cool.

Undisclosed
    Hey man, I'll see what I can do
    It shouldn't be too complicated. What's the best quality file type do you have it in now? Whatever it is there'll be a simple program out there to convert it in a few clicks. I'll help with that and setting up a torrent (no hosting expense, certain amount of exposure) if you're interested.
    Looking forward to seeing it.