Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox 360 celebrates it's 5th birthday; how many have you owned?

United States

Xbox 360 celebrates it's 5th birthday; how many have you owned?

I'm on my third, non-slim model. Here's to another 5 years of disk read errors, red rings of death, and that bitter feeling of conceding to Microsoft because the software library is so good!

Cheers!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    One....

United States
    I was one of the late bloomers of the 3rd generation consoles. I bought a Xbox 360 Arcade edition and haven't had any problems with mine as of yet. The original xbox was first manufactured in Mexico and had problems with the disc drive and hard drive. I believe something similar happened with the xbox 360 but was pertaining to the solder.

Undisclosed
    I am on my third. It is the red RE 5 edition. Best of the fatter 360's.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    3rd, a slim. if this breaks, they get no more money from me regardless of friends and online.

United States
    bought mine in nov 07, had the RROD in early 09 if i recall, got if fixed, still working.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    4th. I'm with Danny on this one - if this one goes, I may convert to PS3.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    4th. I'm with Danny on this one - if this one goes, I may convert to PS3.
    already got one and more of my friends are getting them as cheap blu-ray players. in fact only 7 friends of mine are still 360 exclusive. if they go i have no reason to play my 360 anymore.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    already got one and more of my friends are getting them as cheap blu-ray players. in fact only 7 friends of mine are still 360 exclusive. if they go i have no reason to play my 360 anymore.
    A PS3 ... a cheap Blu-Ray player?!

Got my BR player for £100. No PS3 is that cheap. Not to mention the sheer inefficiency (and therefore extra cost on the electricity bill) of using a console - any console - as a movie player.

+1 for the avatar though, hellsing.

Anyway ... got my Xbox360 in 2007, before newer models were put on the market, so mine was one of the early generations. After nine months it had a motherboard error (probably to do with the soldering) and the visuals buggered up. Then about 2 years after that (earlier this year, around March sometime) it did the same thing again, but on top of that the disc tray kept sticking, and it was increasingly having trouble reading data properly (particularly on games such as GTA IV - even though I was clearing the cache, which usually did the trick) - so because it was two issues, they gave me a replacement - but a refurbished replacement.

Not a used refurbishment, but seemingly one that had been on their shelves since launch day and was for one reason or another a 'fail out of the box' or something - so they have a back room of consoles with one thing broken in them - they replace the one broken thing and so it's not a usual refurb, but it's also not brand new.

So I'm onto my second now. First one lasted me just shy of 3 years (yes, I did get an extended warranty, which I did get to use).

One question about the Slim models - there's a cable to transfer data from a 'fat 360' HDD to a 'slim 360' HDD, but what about folks like me who don't have a HDD and merely a couple of memory units? How would the data from those be transferred to a 360 Slim?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    A PS3 ... a cheap Blu-Ray player?!

Got my BR player for £100. No PS3 is that cheap. Not to mention the sheer inefficiency (and therefore extra cost on the electricity bill) of using a console - any console - as a movie player.

+1 for the avatar though, hellsing.
    you can get em per-owned for like 110 round here, and its not just a barebones player, its got the game console, the internet browser, the i player, total film now as the uk netflix equivalent, built in wifi unlike none slim 360s, already ready for 3d blu-rays, soon theres a service coming in europe only so we can watch free indie and art house cinema like film 4 for free and its gonna be adding a freeview thing in as well. id say those extras and more are worth the extra tenner- that and you know sony aint gonna abandon it or go bankrupt one day so you can get it repaired or replaced.

still im not jizzing all over it but unlike my xbox it does more varied stuff thats not bollocks like facebook and twitter and its all free and ive never had a fault.

-and hell yes its a good avatar, the last alan wake dlc got me on a big twin peaks kick again. totally rad show.

Administrator

England
    Second one, my first was one of the first gen 360's, got it bundled with dead rising, gears of war and dead alive 4 back in '06. She lasted til 2009 then red ringed, went out and bought xbox number 2 the same day and its still working to this day.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Zero, reason being, I'm a loyal Nintendork. Also, I heard they break down too much. And I heard they have Halo... which is lame.
    Also, my Gamecube still works, so why would I need another system?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Also, my Gamecube still works, so why would I need another system?
    Because they no longer make games for the Gamecube?

Super Moderator

United States
    I'm also on my second. Don't regret having to go to a second unit, but if it happens again I'll be supremely, dragons-breath pissed.

*knocks on wood*

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    @ blind.

Ok then...

I'm on my second. I got mine in the second wave, after launch in early 06'. Condemed was the first game I played on it and it's been a joyride ever since.

It started to break down on the buggy vissual side in late 09', so I'm on my second.

Last edited by darth los; 23-Nov-2010 at 02:20 PM. Reason: .
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"