Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: file this under "icky"

United States

file this under "icky"

I practically live on a huge Lake here in the Kansas City area where I spend alot of time fishing. Well, last night, my gal and I were out on one of our fish-trek-relax-hike things when my eye got all itchy. I scratched and everything seemed to be OK.
    Around 11:00pm last night, the same eye started itching again. I rubbed and scratched and it kept getting more and more irritable. I go into the bathroom and spy my little eye in the mirror. To my horror there was a tiny tick digging it's happy little derriere into my lower eyelid (right ON the eyelash line) - after doing a panicky-Homer Simpson squeal ("Get it off me, get it off me!" waving hands in excitement), I grabbed some tweezers and plucked the little bastard from my person. I could feel it's little tick teeth tearing away trying to dig in deeper before he finally gave up and was thrown into the toilet.

*Disclaimer
    NOTE: this thread is in no way meant as a violent/hate thread toward blood-sucking insects (for those Canadians that are easily offended by such things)

United States
    huh, stange that you mention that, I plucked a tick from my person just last night as well, it was on my arm, but it was there

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by erisi236
    huh, stange that you mention that, I plucked a tick from my person just last night as well, it was on my arm, but it was there
    Whoa! maybe the ticks are getting together to demand that we "accept them" as productive members of society? Ticks Unite, and all that Jazz......

Where are the Tocks when you need them?

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenochrome
    Whoa! maybe the ticks are getting together to demand that we "accept them" as productive members of society? Ticks Unite, and all that Jazz......

Where are the Tocks when you need them?
    Man the freakin ticks run rampant around these parts. A buddy of mine got a tick bite last year and ended up in the hospital with Rock Mountain Spotted Fever (I think that is the disease you get from ticks) or whatever and was BAD off! Dude was in there like a week and almost passed.

EVERYTIME my kids go outside during the spring and summer, they have to checked for ticks, especially my daughter who has hair down to her rear!

Not a fan of the ticks!
    "I Like Your Christ, I Do Not Like Your Christians,
    Your Christians Are So Unlike Your Christ."
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by dmbfanintn
    Man the freakin ticks run rampant around these parts. A buddy of mine got a tick bite last year and ended up in the hospital with Rock Mountain Spotted Fever (I think that is the disease you get from ticks) or whatever and was BAD off! Dude was in there like a week and almost passed.

EVERYTIME my kids go outside during the spring and summer, they have to checked for ticks, especially my daughter who has hair down to her rear!

Not a fan of the ticks!
    What bothers me is......sometimes when plucking them off of you, the body seperates from the head. The head stays in there feeding. Damn!!!!! **Does that Homer Simpson thing again**

Undisclosed
    What bothers me is......sometimes when plucking them off of you, the body seperates from the head. The head stays in there feeding. Damn!!!!! **Does that Homer Simpson thing again**
    Yep, then you have to get out the needle and the tweezers and pluck that sucker outta there!

you know what happens if you leave in the head don't you?

Have you ever seen David Cronenberg's "The Fly", well it would like that, only with a tick!
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

United States
    heh, damn you guys, ever since I started reading this every little thing I feel on my body I think might be another tick

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by dmbfanintn
    Yep, then you have to get out the needle and the tweezers and pluck that sucker outta there!

you know what happens if you leave in the head don't you?

Have you ever seen David Cronenberg's "The Fly", well it would like that, only with a tick!
    LOL, I had to dig the head of one of those human sucking bastards out of the back of my gal's knee....that NICE area behind the knee??? SLURP!!!!....oooops, sorry....anyhooooo, that f*cker was digging to the equivalent of Human China. When I looked at it under a mag-glass, it looked like two hungry insect arms and a mouth...looking to feed. Damn those freaks!!!!! Ticks are freaks and no-one can convince me otherwise!!!!

**paints on a peice of cardboard - TICKS ARE FREAKS!

heh, damn you guys, ever since I started reading this every little thing I feel on my body I think might be another tick
    Call out the Tocks!
    Last edited by Adrenochrome; 18-May-2006 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Undisclosed
    You know what's fun? After you get the tick off, put him on a table or something (they don't run very fast, so he won't get away!) and then get you lighter and a needle (you can use the one you used to get the head out!) heat that needle red hot and poke that bastard with the hot needle and watch him squirm!

Of course, now understand that I do not participate in this now-a-days, that was only when I was in my younger more adolesent days, yeah, that's it!

I'm not some sadistic SOB that gets off on watching innocent animals writhe in pain, nope, not me!!!
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

Fiji
    I grabbed some tweezers and plucked the little bastard from my person. I could feel it's little tick teeth tearing away trying to dig in deeper before he finally gave up and was thrown into the toilet.

oh god, that's the worst way to pull one out. make damn certain you clean out the wound site, tick related infections are an absolute bitch to deal with.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by p2501
    oh god, that's the worst way to pull one out. make damn certain you clean out the wound site, tick related infections are an absolute bitch to deal with.
    Oh, I got the bastard prick (can I say "bastard prick" here? Canadians get so offended {or, atleast those guys obsessed with Hawks, do}), anyhooooo....
    I've been watching it....it itched; it doesn't now. Neosporin is a good thing.
    For now.....what if the mixture of tick spit and Neosporin (sp) turns me into a freaking god damned-monkey farm zombie!!??
    ....if I turn into a zombie because of tick-prick...I'll let you guys know....

.....or, will I?

(Damn, you should have seen this bastard tick!!! He was a hungry little bastard!)
    Last edited by Adrenochrome; 18-May-2006 at 03:55 PM.

Undisclosed
    If you think that's bad. Whe I was 9, I was taking a shower after playing in the woods. I looked down and there was a tick attached to my sack. I was able to remove it by myself *fortunately*, but it wasn't easy.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13
    If you think that's bad. Whe I was 9, I was taking a shower after playing in the woods. I looked down and there was a tick attached to my sack. I was able to remove it by myself *fortunately*, but it wasn't easy.
    Oh, man.....I was 12 and had a tick attached to the sack. Nothing more horrifying than a bug sucking the sack.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13

NNNNNOOOOOOO Not the sack!

Was it a bean or the frank?
    ~Mohandas K. Ghandi

Fiji
    Oh, I got the bastard prick (can I say "bastard prick" here? Canadians get so offended {or, atleast those guys obsessed with Hawks, do}), anyhooooo....
    I've been watching it....it itched; it doesn't now. Neosporin is a good thing.
    For now.....what if the mixture of tick spit and Neosporin (sp) turns me into a freaking god damned-monkey farm zombie!!??
    ....if I turn into a zombie because of tick-prick...I'll let you guys know....

.....or, will I?

(Damn, you should have seen this bastard tick!!! He was a hungry little bastard!)

I get them all the time from playing paintball. the best method to get them out without having a pincher stuck in the would site, is the cherry from a match head gets them to flee, then flush them.

after that peroxide, peroxide, peroxide.