Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Romero zombie novel announced!!!!!

Just been bitten

Undisclosed

Romero zombie novel announced!!!!!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    the full story behind the living dead: how they came to be...
    Say it isn't so! I prefer the idea that we don't know...

United States
    Hmmmmm. . . . .very interesting
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Say it isn't so! I prefer the idea that we don't know...
    +1....count me in for not knowing. I realize I don't HAVE to buy the book...but that won't be happening.

United States
    I also prefer not knowing, but if it's going to be revealed, I want Romero to be the one doing the revealin'.

United States
    Hurm. Romero zombie novel=. Explaining the origins of...

United States
    i concur that we don't need to know the reason the dead are returning to life...pretty lame. maybe this is just a misunderstanding or mis-statement on the part of the article's writer...cuz yeah, i really don't wanna know any origins or anything.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    i concur that we don't need to know the reason the dead are returning to life...pretty lame. maybe this is just a misunderstanding or mis-statement on the part of the article's writer...cuz yeah, i really don't wanna know any origins or anything.
    yep, leave it a mystery. i like how under the present situation every fan can kind of arrive at their own reason for the outbreak. besides, how dare he rob us of one of our ancient and most oft repeated threads.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    "It starts in San Diego, where a corpse sits up and begins to walk during an autopsy."

Okay, where is Doobie? He is the Night expert around here.

Doob, didn't they say on the radio in Night68 that the "ghastly story began three days ago with the slaying of a family of six(?) in their rural home near (indecipherable) North Carolina"? This was after the Venus probe was "exploded" over the Eastern seaboard.

I'll have to review the material, but I'm believe that the plague began in the east (US) and spread westward.

Don't do this to us, George.

-stray-

Correction: after watching Night again (specifically the scene where Ben finds the rifle) the news reporter seems to be saying "ghasly story began developing 2 days ago with the slaying of a family of 7 in their rural home near Gulfport? (indechiperable)" and that no slayings had been reported west of the Mississippi.
    Last edited by strayrider; 02-Oct-2009 at 06:01 AM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    maybe this is just a misunderstanding or mis-statement on the part of the article's writer.
    That's what I'm hoping too.

Quote Originally Posted by strayrider View Post
    "It starts in San Diego, where a corpse sits up and begins to walk during an autopsy."

Doob, didn't they say on the radio in Night68 that the "ghastly story began three days ago with the slaying of a family of six(?) in their rural home near (indecipherable) North Carolina"? This was after the Venus probe was "exploded" over the Eastern seaboard.

I'll have to review the material, but I'm believe that the plague began in the east (US) and spread westward.

-stray-

Correction: after watching Night again (specifically the scene where Ben finds the rifle) the news reporter seems to be saying "ghasly story began developing 2 days ago with the slaying of a family of 7 in their rural home near Gulfport? (indechiperable)" and that no slayings had been reported west of the Mississippi.
    You are correct. That was one of the first things I thought of too. I would be willing to overlook a detail like that though, as it's plausible that an isolated incident might be overlooked in the confusion of the early days.
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 02-Oct-2009 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland

-stray-

I think what it's referring to is the book, which starts in San Diego, not necessarily the plague itself.

United States
    I always liked the notion of the Venus probe that brought back some "strange type of radiation" back to earth. I'd actually like to see more about the story behind the Venus probe. Does it completely burn-up in the atmosphere releasing the "unknown radiation" or does NASA or some other organization find fragments of it crashed somewhere and realize what the radiation does?

Then again, the Venus probe could be a cover up for a much more serious government leak of some type (Think Captain Trips or Trioxin ).

I'd love to read/see more.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Undisclosed
    I am more interested in how Romero will fare as a novelist and how that will translate on the page.
    I have always looked upon decay as being just as wonderful and rich an expression of life as growth~
    Henry Miller

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Daddy View Post
    I am more interested in how Romero will fare as a novelist and how that will translate on the page.
    I reposted a fragment of a GAR short story that was originally posted on GAR's long, long defunct official website. You can have a read here:

http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/s...ad.php?t=14640

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    "
    there is a gulfport in both MS and FL. dammit stray, now i've got to dig this out and listen to it.

ok here it is: there is mention of killings near gulfport (the state name is drowned out by music but the only two gulfports are in MS and FL) BUT right after that you can hear the announcer say that the chaos started in the southeast and is spreading to the north and west. he also says that this spread pattern is apparent because the outbreaks have been plotted out on a map. you have to strain to hear it but that's what he is saying. it starts at 36:43 with the announcer saying "this whole ghastly story began developing 2 days ago..."
    Last edited by Mike70; 02-Oct-2009 at 06:31 PM.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."