Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A glass of wine anyone?

capncnut

A glass of wine anyone?

Just been browsing some sites on wine and I was led to a place named Caduceus Cellars. It's real interesting site about a vineyard in Arizona that make wine in 'survival of the fittest' conditions.

Caduceus Cellars

As I was reading the diary, I noticed the the whole vineyard is owned by Tool frontman Maynard James Keenan. Check out the wines, they sound delish and are recieving some cool reviews.

United States

Ooo nifty site

Thanks for the Caduceus tip. The wine itself looks looks familiar but the journal were interesting reads and the online store was pretty nifty. I'm anxious to try some out.
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

capncnut
    Yeah, I have to say that I would like to try some of this. I agree with Keenan, wine should be seen as a mystical alchemy and made with passion. The best tipples you can get here in the supermarkets or liquor stores are Jacob's Creek Grenache Shiraz (which is rather nice for a mid-ranger btw) or a top of the range Gallo.

The only wines that seem to have any variety or range is the cheap s**t. No body, tastes like vinegar and gives you a clanger of a headache in the morning.

United Kingdom
    mm... give me a nice shiraz or pinot any time

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    shi*,bl**d and c*m are on his hand's!
    let's hope his feet are clean
    rofle

Undisclosed
    I like wine that in plastic bags sold in boxes......
    Last edited by Terran; 26-Apr-2007 at 01:50 PM.

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Terran (1:25am): "I like the wine W/alcohol in it"

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    I like wine that in plastic bags sold in boxes......
    I've been on a budget so I have lowered myself to buying boxes of Franzia

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    I noticed the the whole vineyard is owned by Tool frontman Maynard James Keenan.
    A long, long time ago I dropped a bunch of acid and went to this show. On this low small stage was the sick metalish band . the singer was this scrawny little guy with a bad mohawk and was wearing old style red long underwear cutoffs. He acted all crazy and his johnson was totally hanging out the underwear. When HE leaned over and screamed in my face, dick a waving I literally started to have a major freak out and havent done a dose since. Thanks Tool, for a teriible experience. No one knew, inculding me, who they were at the time, but that is my experience with them. And Thats why I cant listen to them. I get the heebie jeebies when ever I hear MAynards voice.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongholio View Post
    Terran (1:25am): "I like the wine W/alcohol in it"
    Its true thats the best kind!

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

capncnut

Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    A long, long time ago I dropped a bunch of acid and went to this show. On this low small stage was the sick metalish band . the singer was this scrawny little guy with a bad mohawk and was wearing old style red long underwear cutoffs. He acted all crazy and his johnson was totally hanging out the underwear. When HE leaned over and screamed in my face, dick a waving I literally started to have a major freak out and havent done a dose since. Thanks Tool, for a teriible experience. No one knew, inculding me, who they were at the time, but that is my experience with them. And Thats why I cant listen to them. I get the heebie jeebies when ever I hear Maynards voice.
    Lol, classic!

I've seen Tool many times live while under the influence of various intoxicants and I've had nothing but amazing experiences every time. Really, Tool send me to another level. But I know where you are coming from, Maynard is a freaky character. I hear he trains under Rickson Gracie in Brazilian Ju-Jitsu and is a purple belt or something.

Edit: Just found this Coma, think yourself lucky.

Last edited by capncnut; 26-Apr-2007 at 10:05 PM.

Undisclosed
    coma. I guess you found out why they call themselves tool the hard way. Inside the Enema CD there's a motion hologram of the band watching some guy suck his own tool. There is something seriously wrong with that band and it's a shame you got scarred like that while on the fractal sauce.

Capn. I was thinking youtube too, to help him relive the horror. That video nailed it.
    Last edited by triste realtà; 26-Apr-2007 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

capncnut
    LOL, I was just reading the Caduceus Cellars journal and on the 2nd anniversary of his mother's death, Maynard planted 666 Cabernet vines on the plot where he scattered her ashes. He's gonna call it Nagual De Judith apparently.
    Last edited by capncnut; 26-Apr-2007 at 10:33 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada

merlot rocks...

red wine is the stuff. not a wine snob or anything, in fact i tend to go for cheaper but tasty chilean and argentine stuff. not only does red wine taste damn good it is quite healthy.

white wine is for girls and sailors.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Kazakhstan
    red and pink is all i sink

wouldnt mind some chateau d'baldy though.

been listenin to APC this week.

pwns tool, sorry capn!
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE