Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The New Elite 369

Undisclosed

The New Elite 369

Introducing the new SEXBOX 369 Elite. BEHOLD!!!

http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/20/x...d-120gb-drive/

capncnut
    It doesn't look right to me. Sorta like a 360 thats been pulled from a house fire.

Super Moderator

UK
    At first I thought the 360 looked weird for being white, now the new 360 looks weird cos it's black ... no, that isn't techno-racism ... just looks weird in a new colour, innit...*ahem*...viva-la-Core!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So it's basically the same thing........just black?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    With some bells & whistles ... I'd rather bash some buttons on PGR3 on a Core, personally.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    At first I thought the 360 looked weird for being white, now the new 360 looks weird cos it's black ... no, that isn't techno-racism ...

That's one of the funniest things i've heard in a long time. "techno-racism"

I dunno, I wish I could've got mine in black. The white just looks too.. I dunno.. clean? pretty?

I like the black case.

Super Moderator

UK
    The original Xbox was a sexy bitch, alright. Black is always cooler for technology, as in snazzier, it's looks pimp. Black is always classic. I also liked the phat "X" added into the shape of the original, and the glow around the power button ... mmmmmm ... *bites lip* ... oh mon...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    The original Xbox was a sexy bitch, alright. Black is always cooler for technology, as in snazzier, it's looks pimp. Black is always classic. I also liked the phat "X" added into the shape of the original, and the glow around the power button ... mmmmmm ... *bites lip* ... oh mon...
    The glow is still on the 360's. It's just seperated into four parts and each part lights up according to how many controllers are being used.

If I REALLY wanted a black 360......I would just take off the outter pieces and spray paint them.

United States
    The glow is still on the 360's. It's just seperated into four parts and each part lights up according to how many controllers are being used.
    *nods head in agreement*

If I REALLY wanted a black 360......I would just take off the outter pieces and spray paint them.
    I don't want one that bad.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post

I don't want one that bad.
    Neither do I. I'm just pointing out that it's a pretty sh*tty marketing scheme. I think the "Elite" also has a bit more memory, but how much do people really need? I don't see myself EVER using up the memory that I already have. I guess it's for those kind of folks that NEVER leave their gaming system.

United States
    Neither do I. I'm just pointing out that it's a pretty sh*tty marketing scheme. I think the "Elite"
    *nods in agreement again*

Nail right on the head there. Just something else to try and grab money from people.

That's so unlike microsoft. I don't get it.

I like the looks of it better, the black console, but I wish it would've been offered from the beginning. I would've rather have that than my white cased 360 - but the way I look at it, my white one plays Dead Rising as well as a black console will, so i'm a happy camper.

Undisclosed
    120 gig HD, HDMI, and runs cooler than the original 360. But there is no mention of the 65nm chips.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    120 gig HD, HDMI, and runs cooler than the original 360. But there is no mention of the 65nm chips.
    So black....and more memory. I don't know what the chip thing means.

My 360 has never over heated. Then again, I don't play it a long time like alot of people do. I think the longest i've played was about 2 hours.

Undisclosed
    Its a thinner processor chip for the CPU that produces less heat than the current ones. All new 360s: core, premium, and elite will have these chips by this summer. The new chips will be 65 nm and the current ones are 90 nm. Since the chips will be smaller, there will be more processing chips added "means lower energy requirements, lower heat output, and cheaper chip production costs."

Source

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6148098.html

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Neither do I. I'm just pointing out that it's a pretty sh*tty marketing scheme. I think the "Elite" also has a bit more memory, but how much do people really need? I don't see myself EVER using up the memory that I already have. I guess it's for those kind of folks that NEVER leave their gaming system.
    Marketing scheme? I wouldn't say that.

It's not like they're just selling black 360's with nothing different about them.

There isn't more memory. There's more hard-drive space. It would suck for people that own older 360's if they gave the new ones more memory.

A wayyy bigger hard-drive and a core that doesn't heat up as much sounds well worth the extra $80 to me.

My hard-drive is always filled and I need to delete **** constantly. I don't know how so many people with Live say they've hardly used any space on their hard-drive. Most demo's alone are close to a gig in size.