Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Indiana Jones 5

Administrator

England

Indiana Jones 5

Shia LaBeouf says it's on its way...

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Shia-...Off-25100.html
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    As always.....I'll keep fighting the good fight that says Indy 4 was a worthy sequel and will gain wider acceptance as time goes on. So with that being said, I'm very much in for further adventures from Jones Jr and Jones III.

Super Moderator

United States
    I don't know, Bass. Devotion has it's place, but the last Indy was pretty damned awful.

That said, could the next be worse? Probably not, so if they won't let the franchise slip silently into movie history, then let's hope they turn it around on this next one.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    As always.....I'll keep fighting the good fight that says Indy 4 was a worthy sequel and will gain wider acceptance as time goes on. So with that being said, I'm very much in for further adventures from Jones Jr and Jones III.
    ditto, crystal skull was a worthy addition to a series thats a homage to the 30's/40's b movies. Though indys aged something fierce in the last 5 or years in real life so i wonder when there setting this to compensate.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I don't know, Bass. Devotion has it's place, but the last Indy was pretty damned awful.

Super Moderator

United States
    Touche'.

Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    ditto, crystal skull was a worthy addition to a series thats a homage to the 30's/40's b movies. Though indys aged something fierce in the last 5 or years in real life so i wonder when there setting this to compensate.
    I'd still go with the old height of the cold war angle. But what adventure/artifact/mystery will be involved? I gotta read that article and see if they hint at all.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    Though indys aged something fierce in the last 5 or years in real life so i wonder when there setting this to compensate.
    Anything famously supernatural happen in the 60's? Although it still could be set in the 50's....

United States
    "Indiana Jones and the Attack of the CGI 'Things'". Oh wait, after the last film they'll have to call it "Indiana Jones and the Attack of the CGI 'Things' 2".

No thanks...

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    While I agree that some of the CGI effects in Kingdom were pretty weak, to expect a film of this genre to be produced today WITHOUT CGI is just a pipe dream. It's time to face the facts that CGI is cheaper, quicker, and more available to films that require special effects. They're going to go with the fastest and easiest solution. That doesn't change the fact that some of the effects were weak, on that I agree, but CGI is here to stay. Has been for a long time. It's just a matter of how they use it.

United States
    I'm down. I thought Crystal Skull was the bomb, yo.
    Bring it!!!

United States
    I have it on good authority that Lucas has said he's going to have Indy ride out a volcanic eruption in a bathtub just to see how many more of you he can piss off.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Hey, the '60s featured the space race. I think Lucas will have Indy get launched into space, then escape from orbit by re-entering the atmosphere in an airsick bag.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    I have it on good authority that Lucas has said he's going to have Indy ride out a volcanic eruption in a bathtub just to see how many more of you he can piss off.
    No crazier than jumping out of a plane in an inflating raft, slapping down onto a snowy mountain, surfing it down the side of a mountain, off a cliff edge, and crash landing into a river ... ... and then going over a waterfall ... and surviving. *Cough* Temple of Doom *Ahem*

I watched the four Indy movies in succession last year and #4 totally fits like a glove. Shit, Raiders had a Nazi Monkey in it, and Crusade had Sean "Penitent Man" Connery taking down a fighter plane with an umbrella and a flock of seabirds.

I for one enjoyed the batshit crazy Nuked Fridge ... methinks those who protest too much are blinded to the content of the original three, and indeed the sort of stuff that would happen in the serials that inspired the franchise in the first place.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 17-Jun-2011 at 09:59 AM.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Temple of Doom is still my favorite (since the first is taken by my uncle, and the third by my mom). Plus, hey, chilled monkey brains, Asia, and Short Round.

Administrator

England
    Filming next year? http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/film/...5875-23595836/

Spielberg said using an alien – which they referred to as MacGuffin – in the plot led to fights in production.

He said: “I sympathise with people who didn’t like the MacGuffin because I never liked the MacGuffin. George and I had big arguments.”
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan