Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you hugged a tree today?

United States

Have you hugged a tree today?

Obviously Obama supporters:

You know, sometimes I shoot on private property. I always make sure that there's a stand of trees in the background to act as "bullet stoppers", but now, I just want to let all of those trees know that I AM SORRY THAT I SHOT YOU! AAAHHHRRRGGG! PLEASE FORGIVE ME, TREES! I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT I WAS DOING! I LOVE YOU! I DON'T WANT YOU TO DIE! I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT, TREES! PLEASE, FORGIVE ME!

-stray-

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Alright...

I'm extremely against clear-cutting and whatnot, but these people are fucking WHACKJOBS. Holy shit! I could not contain my laughter whilst watching this video.

However, was the "Obama supporters" thing really necessary? I don't see how that's relevant.

Super Moderator

United States
    I wonder how old that footage is. I knew Earth First were loons, but i hadn't heard about them in quite some time.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    I can't see this from work, but is the video about the tree huggers in NC, and the woman yelling and screaming how sorry she is to the trees? If so. . . it's quite a few years old.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Super Moderator

UK
    I don't hug trees - I respect them enough to not invade their personal space without consent.

Christmas Island
    Good thing there weren't any dogs around to mark their territory. The whiner would've gone berserk.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    However, was the "Obama supporters" thing really necessary? I don't see how that's relevant.
    I agree.

But yeah....I'm all for saving trees as much as possible, but these people need a hobby...

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I agree.

But yeah....I'm all for saving trees as much as possible, but these people need a hobby...
    These people also damage their cause, it's like violent protesters, the message is completely lost.

I'm a big pro-ponent of planting trees, I like trees and they simply are required for our continued ability to breathe. Deforestation needs to be seriously sorted out - obviously we need wood to make things, but we also need to be whacking more new trees into the ground for the future, and to keep that as a continual cycle.

What I also strongly object to, is huge swathes of trees being hacked down to plant some lefty-wefty eco bio-fuel which barely anybody uses, and which isn't that great in the first place.

Tons more trees, and paint the roofs of buildings white, says I!

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Tons more trees, and paint the roofs of buildings white, says I!
    What does that do?

I've actually hugged several trees on various occassions, it's relaxing I've never tried to communicate with one though... and if being in a forest is that upsetting maybe they'd be happier in a city centre skyscraper.
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Freak View Post
    What does that do?
    Well, considering how much of the planet is urbanized, painting the rooftops white would increase the surface albedo of the Earth, reflecting off more of the sun's heat and light back into space and theoretically reducing the effects of global warming.

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Well, considering how much of the planet is urbanized, painting the rooftops white would increase the surface albedo of the Earth, reflecting off more of the sun's heat and light back into space and theoretically reducing the effects of global warming.
    Wow. I'll bear that in mind.
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Freak View Post
    Wow. I'll bear that in mind.
    I heard about it on some Channel 4 show about climate change, and there was a bunch of people with "out there" ideas of how to combat it ("out there" as in, ideas that would probably work quite well, but ideas that don't involve guilt-tripping citizens or adding to their tax burden so 'they' can make money out of it).

*ahem*

Anyway, that idea really struck me - so simple - a couple of pots of paint for every roof in the cities and boom - the power of reflection.

Plus trees are awesome - so plant bucket loads of them already!

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I heard about it on some Channel 4 show about climate change, and there was a bunch of people with "out there" ideas of how to combat it ("out there" as in, ideas that would probably work quite well, but ideas that don't involve guilt-tripping citizens or adding to their tax burden so 'they' can make money out of it).

*ahem*

Anyway, that idea really struck me - so simple - a couple of pots of paint for every roof in the cities and boom - the power of reflection.

Plus trees are awesome - so plant bucket loads of them already!
    it would look pretty wank on google earth though

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    What's with the leftie/obama bashing in every one of your threads SR?

It's getting a bit boring mate.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United States
    It really is, at least pick the right party. Those folks probably belong to cindy sheehan, mckinny and the rest of the Green party.
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack