Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday the 13th trailer

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Friday the 13th trailer

They're using Jason as the killer!!!!! WTF?!?!?!??!!?!?!!!!!!!!!!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=45036696

United States
    that looks pretty lame. i may end up seeing it, but not in theaters.

United States
    So? yeah I know Pamela was the killer in the original but, lets face it this movie will fail without Jason. When People think Friday the 13th they think Jason not Pamela.

United States
    This looks like it's going to suck.I'll probably wait until it comes out on dvd.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    So? yeah I know Pamela was the killer in the original but, lets face it this movie will fail without Jason. When People think Friday the 13th they think Jason not Pamela.
    while i totally agree with you on this aspect of this "re-envisioning", or whatever clever terms they're attaching to the slew of remakes hitting theaters lately, i'm most turned off by the fact that jason, like the "infected" in dawn04, day08, and the 28 days/weeks series, is now a track star.

and michael bay sucks too.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    and michael bay sucks too.
    You can say that again.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    i'm most turned off by the fact that jason, like the "infected" in dawn04, day08, and the 28 days/weeks series, is now a track star.
    Huh? But he run in Pts 2-4.

United States
    it's been awhile since i've seen those....quite a while apparently. i always liked 5,6,&7 where he just stalked slowly and always caught up with his victims.

and michael bay still sucks, as well as the sheer number of remakes these days.

Undisclosed
    He's right. Jason was more quick on his feet in the earlier movies and he didn't possess any superhuman strength, either. He was more human-like. Even showed a little bit of fear when things were not going his way. Also, in the first movie there was suspense on the identity of the killer. It was revealed that it was Jason's mom during last part of the movie. If it was remade from the very first movie, then were would the suspense be? We would already know it is her. Btw, I am watching this on my birthday.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    He's right. Jason was more quick on his feet in the earlier movies and he didn't possess any superhuman strength, either. He was more human-like.
    Really? I though he did have super-strength? Well not to the extend of Jason Lives but, I'm pretty sure he was still stronger than the average man.

United States
    He's right. Jason was more quick on his feet in the earlier movies and he didn't possess any superhuman strength, either. He was more human-like.
    Thats because he was human.In the earlier movies Jason was still alive.

Dead

Undisclosed
    Really? I though he did have super-strength? Well not to the extend of Jason Lives but, I'm pretty sure he was still stronger than the average man.
    In the second he was practically human. Deformed, but human. In the third they kept things generally the same but there may have been a moment when he was capable or more than a normal person would be. I think 4 was when they really got into making him a superhuman killing machine...until Corey Feldman went crazy on him. I think I'll have to go back and rewatch some of those.

I don't see what's wrong with this remake because I want to see more F13th movies, but Jason X was not only horrible but it left the series with no place left to go. I'm willing to give it a shot.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I think it's quite common for people to mistakenly cross features of Michael Meyers with Jason Voorhees... because I've been hearing/seeing tons of people complaining "they're going to have Jason running," when he's pretty much always chased after his prey by running.

United States
    Nice find Mike.

Bingo. For Pamela fans, she DOES appear in this one. Nana Vistor (of DS9 fame) is cast in the part. Context remains to be seen.

Double bingo. Human Jason does indeed chase. Pt3 is a REAL good example & has some quite tense chases through Higgens Haven.

He's right. Jason was more quick on his feet in the earlier movies and he didn't possess any superhuman strength, either. He was more human-like. Even showed a little bit of fear when things were not going his way. Also, in the first movie there was suspense on the identity of the killer. It was revealed that it was Jason's mom during last part of the movie. If it was remade from the very first movie, then were would the suspense be? We would already know it is her. Btw, I am watching this on my birthday.
    Triple bingo on all counts, though he did show quite above average strength, such as crushing a skull until eyes pop out in Pt.3

This is the ONLY "reboot" that I'm psyched about, Wasn't looking forward to RZ's Halloween, TCM or any other, but this one I can't wait for. From what I hear they've put a good bit of thought into the Jason character & design & taken him back to the Human Jason, which a lot of F13 purists found scarier than the over-the-top Zombie Jason (me, I dig 'em both for different reasons.)

So, yeah, bring it on. I'll be there opening weekend.
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 24-Oct-2008 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Super Moderator

UK
    Now, whether he flat-out track-stars after them or not is really the issue.

If he becomes the Jason version of Yawn04's flying zombies (HPOTD-in-joke for those not in the know), then that'll suck the big one...otherwise as long as it's not used too much and it's more about Jason's stealth and ability to sneak up on people and burst from the darkness to rain down some sex-out-of-marriage justice then that's fine.

I did quite like the Nispel remake of TCM - but obviously it wasn't a patch on the original, which is still THE chainsaw flick out there. TCM: The Beginning had moments of fleeting interest, but was generally dull as bad curry poo water.

I will definitely see F13'09, I just hope it isn't a gash-fest. I did quite like the Amityville remake (but think it should be left alone now), but I wasn't fussed at all about the original so perhaps that plays in - but like I said, TCM'74 is still one of my favourite horrors, and yet I could enjoy the remake ... mind you, was the remake necessary? No, and that's a whole thing to do with remakes ... especially sh*t-poo like The Fog remake.

I've seen a clip on Bloody Disgusting where Jason drags someone down through the floor, which was a bit odd, it's like the woodland camp version of Jaws or something...anyway...I just hope they've stayed true to the franchise and the mythology, rather than create some wink-to-the-audience-every-five-f*cking-minutes, piss-poorly-written, franchise-raping sack of garbage.

I really wish they'd leave off the remakes, and all this talk of "oh but people haven't seen the original" - WELL THEN RELEASE A FANCY NEW DVD OF THE ORIGINAL AND PIMP IT ABOUT THE PLACE ... then ... remake a SH*T movie like Drive-In Massacre, which is a flick that could really work under the TCM'03 vibe.

In fact if someone said - hey you, write and direct a new Drive-In Massacre movie, I f*ckin' would ... so come on Hollywood, gimme a bundle of cash and some intelligent people to work with.