Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Slither anyone?

Administrator

England

Question Slither anyone?

Anyone remember this film?

It was made out to be the best horror comedy since shaun of the dead, then i just never heard anything else about it..

im watching severance now and it got me thinking about slither for some reason.. i know it got released but i dont recall seeing any topics on it.. has anyone seen it? is it that good or bad? worth watching?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post

It was made out to be the best horror comedy since shaun of the dead, then i just never heard anything else about it..

im watching severance now and it got me thinking about slither for some reason.. i know it got released but i dont recall seeing any topics on it.. has anyone seen it? is it that good or bad? worth watching?
    Is that the one form like 2o years ago?
    A guy turns into a snake?
    Man, Im burnt
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Administrator

England
    No it was released last year, but i beleive it bombed.

i was just wondering if anyone had seen it and what they thought..

Found it on IMDB

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    Is that the one form like 2o years ago?
    A guy turns into a snake?
    Man, Im burnt
    That was either Curse 2: The Bite or SSSSSSSSSSSSS.

United States
    Saw Slither in the theaters, it was a fair horror movie but wasn't really that funny. For a rated 'R' movie it didn't seem that violent. Lot of disgusting special effect scenes. Worth a rental.

The monsters are similar to those found in Night of the Creeps. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091630/
    Last edited by Eyebiter; 20-Feb-2007 at 10:58 PM.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Banned User

United States
    I saw it and I loved it. It was too much like Night of the Creeps from the 80's but I loved it. it was cool, it was funny, it was creepy and scary. It was cheezy as hell and that made it even better

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    That was either Curse 2: The Bite or SSSSSSSSSSSSS.
    SSSSSSSSSSS. Thats the one!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HLS View Post
    I saw it and I loved it. It was too much like Night of the Creeps from the 80's but I loved it. it was cool, it was funny, it was creepy and scary. It was cheezy as hell and that made it even better
    Night of the Creeps is an exploitation classic. Underseen. I dont even think tis on DVD. At least it was out of print for a long time
    Last edited by coma; 21-Feb-2007 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Banned User

Undisclosed

*spoilers*

I went to see James Gunn's Slither during its theatrical run. It wasn't too bad, but don't expect anything ground breaking either.

Basically, a meteor crashes to Earth, infects scumbag husband who, in turn, infects a lonely single mom. Alien slugs turn the town into zombies and fiends and mayhem ensues. Handsome cop gets the young widow of the scumbag hubby in the end and blows up in the Alien brain with a propane tank, ala Dawn of the Dead '04 (I guess James Gunn has a thing for propane and propane accessories). The End.

Super Moderator

Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Hooligan View Post
    I went to see James Gunn's Slither during its theatrical run. It wasn't too bad, but don't expect anything ground breaking either.

Basically, a meteor crashes to Earth, infects scumbag husband who, in turn, infects a lonely single mom. Alien slugs turn the town into zombies and fiends and mayhem ensues. Handsome cop gets the young widow of the scumbag hubby in the end and blows up in the Alien brain with a propane tank, ala Dawn of the Dead '04 (I guess James Gunn has a thing for propane and propane accessories). The End.
    Slither is actually a nice tribute to the 80's monster flick. It avoids cgi.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    Slither is actually a nice tribute to the 80's monster flick. It avoids cgi.
    I wouldn't go that far. But it was definitely James Gunn giving a nod to Lloyd Kaufman and Troma pictures for giving him his start, writing Tromeo and Juliet. He was definitely aiming for a Troma film with a budget.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Slither was Troma's most expensive film to date, with a budget of $20,000,000.

Anyone who thinks Slither is not an overdone Troma film really needs to learn more about Troma. The only difference other than budget was Slither had people who could act. Slither is neither great nor bad. It is fun at times and I really like Gregg Henry as the mayor of the town. He pretty much stole the movie.

Also it should be mentioned Elizabeth Banks has a nice ass... actually she has a GREAT ass.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    Slither is nothing more than "meh", take it or leave it, it leaves no lasting impression ... and it's blatantly massively in debt to (among others) David Cronenberg's "Shivers" and that flick "Night of the Creeps".

Severance - damn, I was supposed to get a free DVD of that from Total Film for having a letter printed, but the bastard hasn't turned up! I really wanna see it, it's not gonna be Shaun of the Dead (despite the subliminally similar packaging design), but I've heard good things and have liked what I've seen of it from trailers, clips and reviews...

But Slither is really forgettable, some mildly amusing/gross parts, but overall it's just so "meh" and teeny-bobberish.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ^what he said, with an extra meh and a shrug thrown in.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Hooligan View Post

In future please use [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags when your posting spoilers.

Thanks.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post

I saw it at the cinema and quite enjoyed it... + It has Nathan Fillion in it who's always good for a laugh
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan