Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First zombie movie ever watched.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed

First zombie movie ever watched.

The first zombie movie I ever watched was Dawn of the dead I think It was a long time ago It has been my Fave zombie film since I 1st watched It and It will always be.

what was the 1st zombie film you ever watched.

United States
    I will quote myself from another old thread to answer this. . .

I was about 8 years old, And my parents were having one of their beer and daquari nights. "Dawn of the Dead" was on HBO, and they were gonna let me stay up and watch it (alchohol can have that effect on parental skills). Also, My mother always loved horror movies, so she was as lax about them, as I am to my daughter. (she is getting to like horror movies as well) I watched all the way until Miguelito bites the woman on the stairs, and ran from the room in fear. My parents found the whole experience wholly amusing. Instead of going to bed tho, I sat on the stairs out of my parent's sight, and watched the whole movie.

I had nightmares for months
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    The first zombie movie I ever watched was Return of the Living Dead 2.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    As stated in earlier threads on this topic....I saw Night on the tube throughout childhood, but Day was the first one I saw on video and made me an addict for Romero's films. Not really much of a zombie film fan. Mostly just Romero's.
    Last edited by bassman; 17-Sep-2008 at 12:57 PM.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by horrormad93 View Post
    The first zombie movie I ever watched was Dawn of the dead I think It was a long time ago It has been my Fave zombie film since I 1st watched It and It will always be.
    Same for me... It was the first video I ever hired (from a video store)... What a standard to set
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Same for me... It was the first video I ever hired (from a video store)... What a standard to set
    Again, same for me. First zombie film and first video rental. Actually, when my mother bought our first VHS player, we went to some market and got Flash Gordon ('cos I was mad about the film). But the first rental was Dawn - I had some horror book which gave it 10/10 and described how gruesome it was. Well, the rental was supposed to be for one night but we didn't give it back until 2 weeks. After we settled up, the video dude just let us keep it.

I kept the Intervision video of Dawn for many years until I acquired a mint copy and gave the old one to a pal recently.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I think it must have been Braindead. My friend had a bootleg of it or something, and I watched it because he praised it so. I think he was the one who introduced me to horror films, altough my memory ain't the best.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    I remember renting the intervision version from a local video shop I watched it with my father.

United States
    I remember watching Night on our small black and white TV in the early 70's.

This is how my face looked when I watched it ->

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Day of the dead -86'

I was a whole 8 years old at the time. Ah, good times.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    I think it was Dawn. That was definitely the first Romero movie I saw. I may have seen one of the crappy knockoff zombie flicks before that, though; can't remember.

Dying

Undisclosed
    It was Night for me. When they showed it on local TV they blacked out the rescue station names because they were worried people would think it was real. (I live around Pittsburgh)

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    DAWN of the DEAD for me
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

England
    Zombie Flesh Eaters.
    "and I looked and beheld, a zombie stamped with the number of the Beast"

United States
    I'm embarresd to say but,.......Resident Evil. I use to think it was "cool" back then like 6 or 7 years ago but, seeing it again I know see it for what it is. Although it does hold a little special place in my heart. For the following reasons:

1) Well it was my first zombie film obviously.

2) It actually made me seek out more zed films.( Never found any for 5 years)

3) After seeing the film it wasn't after 6 years later that I realized that I have become a zed fan.

Oh and 4. When I finally did find zed films which were actually the remakes of Night and Dawn(I didn't know at the time) it made me want to go to the net to research and find more zed films which, is when I also figured out that the remakes were well...remakes. At first I was greatly confused til I saw Land of the Dead(which I liked at the time) and tried to learn more about it on the net which led me to find out about GAR. I read anything I could on him and it was then I figured out about the original trilogy and was simply fasinated by them. Then after reading about them I just knew I simply had to have them.

I remember going to youtube to search for scenes and trailers and what I found made me go like this at first- It just shocked me. By then I was extremely hyped for them and just had to have them.
    Last edited by Doc; 17-Sep-2008 at 10:20 PM.