Thread: TOKYO JUNGLE: upcoming post apocalyptic game starring animals

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

TOKYO JUNGLE: upcoming post apocalyptic game starring animals

http://kotaku.com/5627010/tokyo-jung...ife-war-to-ps3

So in the year 20xx tokyo is abandoned, humanity is gone and you play an animal in the post apocalyptic city trying to survive. ranging from elephants and tigers to chicken and snakes this sounds kind of rad.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    "this sounds kind of rad"?! That's like saying Mt. Everest looks "kind of big"! The premise of this game, just... wow, I'm stoked. Seriously, that sounds like hours of great fun. Thanks for sharing!

Undisclosed
    So it's the lion king set in post apocalyptic Tokyo?... I dunno... I would much rather play something humanoid the an animal... Especially in such a cool setting but that's just me.
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    I just got this the other day on PSN and this is a lot of fun. It kind of blends exploration in a 3d environment with a metroidvania side view, but doesnt just limit you to one dimension of exploration like something like deadlight or shadow complex. The abandoned shibuya district ive played through so far is really atmospheric and its nice to play something like this that isnt the typichal ONE MAN AGAINST AN ARMY OF ZAMBIS!! masturbatory fantasy ride. The controls take a little getting used to if only because right thumbstick is a directional dodge for when a predator or stronger survivor runs into you and tries to kill you for food.
    overall its just an interesting dynamic. humanity is gone so there is none of the usual morose speeches about the folly of man you would no doubt get had this involved human protagonists and yet theres something kinda sad about seeing the animals- particularly the former housepets having to fight literally tooth and nail to survive with their masters long dead.

Its 9.99 on psn and if you want something a bit different that is a little metal gear, a little shadow complex and a little way of the samurai with dogs then i really recommend checking this out.

-though being japanese i have no doubt there will be a zombie t rex at the end or something

UK
    When there's no more room in the pet shop... the animals will walk the earth...

Nobody does bonkers quite like the Japanese!