Thread: Very Cool Gift I Got For Myself

United States

Very Cool Gift I Got For Myself

Remember VHS? Of course you do. Most of you probably have some VHS tapes hidden away somewhere right now. Perhaps even actually watch one from time to time (if anyone really still does that).

Remember VHD? Video High Density? Yeah, me either. What is it? Video High Density (VHD) was a videodisc format which was marketed predominantly in Japan by JVC. It featured a disc that was inside a 'caddy'. You inserted the whole caddy inside the player, and the disc came out of the caddy and played. The user never touches the actual disc. Well, I got the VHD for Day of the Dead.

This is the cover art. You can see that they are not square like LD's, but more rectangular.

Here is a pic of the back cover. Sorry for the high glare of my flash.
    Last edited by Philly_SWAT; 14-Jan-2010 at 04:38 PM.

Undisclosed
    Thats pretty cool, i love old technology VHS was the best i reckon..some of the best old zombie and horror movies on vhs...but now they have stopped selling them and the hire of them at stores and video shops, which is silly
    Not even a fire truck can stop drop dead fred"-my email lovegrems@hotmail.com:dead

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Now that sounds like a rare thing to have. Congrats!

United States
    It figures that my computer would freeze up right in the middle of trying to update the post! Here is a picture of the actual disc. I have put a regular size stapler next to it to give it some scale.

There was one sheet inside the box, with art and words on the front and the back. It was much smaller than the disc. It may look as big in the pics, but it is not, I just zoomed in on it. Here are the fron and back pics of that.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Cool get philly. No wonder your avatar is hopping around with excitement !

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Wahey! Now all you need is something to play it on!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Wahey! Now all you need is something to play it on!
    That's true, I do not have a VHD player, and more than likely never will, so I will never get to watch it. Luckily, I am somewhat familiar with the movie!

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    That's true, I do not have a VHD player, and more than likely never will, so I will never get to watch it. Luckily, I am somewhat familiar with the movie!
    For all you know, that could be the long-lost three hour cut of Day you have there, released only in the Far East on an obscure and obsolete format.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    For all you know, that could be the long-lost three hour cut of Day you have there, released only in the Far East on an obscure and obsolete format.
    I wish it was! It would be ironic if they had a special 'Dawn" featurette that showed the 'never shot' head in the chopper blades ending...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

It's actually Romero's first Day concept that was completely shot and edited but nobody knew about it until now!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Billythezombie View Post
    Thats pretty cool, i love old technology VHS was the best i reckon..some of the best old zombie and horror movies on vhs...but now they have stopped selling them and the hire of them at stores and video shops, which is silly
    Not a zombie film, but House of the Devil is being released with a VHS/DVD combo.

http://www.amazon.com/House-Devil-VH...3702012&sr=8-3

I might have to dust the VCR off...

Just been bitten archivesofthede's Avatar

Undisclosed
    Awesome. Philly_SWAT, that is a really nice piece. Pretty hard to get for a good price if I'm not mistaken.
    ARCHIVES OF THE DEAD - RIP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by archivesofthede View Post
    Awesome. Philly_SWAT, that is a really nice piece. Pretty hard to get for a good price if I'm not mistaken.
    I can only assume they are hard to come by, I have never even heard of the VHD format until recently. However, for only $15 seemed like a good deal.