Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silent Hill, the movie!

Administrator

England

Exclamation Silent Hill, the movie!

See a Trailer Here!

call me skeptical, but hollywood dosn't exactly have a good track record of videogame to movie conversions, and silent hill is a game series i hold close to my heart.

they already allowed paul anderson to mess up resident evil, i havn't forgiven them for that.

but all said, from the tralier this looks pretty good. i hope it works out, i truely do.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Looks like it could go either way. I don't like the fact that they're having so many characters in it. Takes away the feel of isolation that you get in the game. I mean, what's up with the group of like 50+ people running with the main character? Bogus!

Super Moderator

United States
    Meh. I always am skeptical of Hollywood interpretations and am usually rewarded by an enjoyable experience about one-third of the time. Then again, I was thoroughly prepared to hate the first RE and loved it. With Silent Hill I liked the feel of the game up till they started to replace the fear and isolation with a jaunt through trippy landscapes of an otherworldly nature. I hope the film will somehow maintain the early, more basic, feel of the original game while sprinkling in the feeling of a character and town caught up in the inexplicable.

PS--thank christ it's R rated. Yeah, you'd think it would have to be, but you never know when profit margins get involved...
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 04-Mar-2006 at 04:54 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Hah! I just realized the town in Silent Hill is based on (and called) Centralia! Centralia is a town, out in PA, that has had an underground coal fire burning since the 60's. I've been there and it's pretty cool.

Undisclosed
    The visuals of the town were both relaxing and creepy, I thought.

United States
    I was very disappointed in this movie.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    This movie was kinda stupid IMO... the mother was an imbecile and the little girl just angered me. I wish Pyramid head had killed them both.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Khardis View Post
    I wish Pyramid head had killed them both.
    That would've made the movie alot better.

England
    Might not be the best movie ever, but the town and general enviroment looked fantastic, absolutely stunning.

Definitely not the sort of place you want to be wandering around alone and unarmed IMO.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Might not be the best movie ever, but the town and general enviroment looked fantastic, absolutely stunning.
    Best videogame to movie adaptation IMO. Infinitely better than the Resident Evil movies...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post

Definitely not the sort of place you want to be wandering around alone and unarmed IMO.

That's for sure. The cinamatography in Silent hill Is definitely in the top tier of films that I've seen. If one pays attention there are many subliminal messages and themes going on in that film, alot like the matrix did. The film definitely has alot to offer if one has the patience to find it.
    Last edited by darth los; 02-Sep-2008 at 06:39 PM.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Khardis View Post
    This movie was kinda stupid IMO... the mother was an imbecile and the little girl just angered me. I wish Pyramid head had killed them both.
    yeah.....but....don't you think everyone other than you is an imbecile?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    yeah.....but....don't you think everyone other than you is an imbecile?

Line of the DAY!!

Damn it's always the true things...
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Best videogame to movie adaptation IMO. Infinitely better than the Resident Evil movies...
    Correctamundo!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    I agree 100%.