Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Its all a conspiracy against Christians...

United States

Its all a conspiracy against Christians...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19806312/?GT1=10150

If the girl takes her ring off does that mean she'll lose her faith? I think not.
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Canada
    It's all about control MissJackson.
    Sad affairs, when you try to take someone's
    faith or even try to dictate to them about
    thier faith.
    Power and control is what
    people want and sometimes
    will do anything to get it,
    even try to destroy a persons faith.

United States
    If someone can destroy your faith then perhaps you never had it or deserved it to begin with
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    If someone can destroy your faith then perhaps you never had it or deserved it to begin with
    That's some true sh8t. wait a minute. We actually agree on something!?!
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    no it isn't, faith can be brought down an destroyed, it takes time if you are truly faithful but it happens. It doesn't mean that they were undeserving in anyway.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i agree with mo haveing your faith broken doesnt mean you "werent christian enough, omfg!", it's more likely a sign that you can seriously weigh your spiritual beliefs rather than just fall back on blind fanatiscism.
    believeing in a any gods or just one god is a monumental part of someones core, you could have been taking to a catholic church by your parents and pray every sunday but that wouldnt mean that you 100% believed in the 'god' just that you were raised that way, i know a few people who were raised to believe somethign but then as they gre wolder changed there religion adn there beliefs, its all a matter of perspective.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    no it isn't, faith can be brought down an destroyed, it takes time if you are truly faithful but it happens. It doesn't mean that they were undeserving in anyway.
    I would be afraid if that wan't the case. A person who's mind can't be changed even though they have no proof of what they believe can be dangerous. Just take a look at our president.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    I just see it as one of those if you love something, let it go if it comes back its yours and if not it never was...

A person can't take your faith... they dont hold you at gunpoint and say give me your faith now or i'll shoot out your willy... a person may destroy what you believe in like say by telling you Santa isn't real... but that's not the same as your faith in a religon which is what this is about. If you're a religous person and lose your faith you never had it to begin with. Faith requires a strength that will stand the test of time that not all people have. Perhaps thats why the Jews are Gods chosen ones. They seem to be the most steadfast and determined faithful people on the planet. They have a strict belief system and stick to it. Some are religious cosmetically but for those who aren't i'm in awe of their adherence to their beliefs despite all. That is something they will be rewarded for even if they dont believe in Heaven or Hell.

Undisclosed
    Looks like the school simply said it wasn't a symbol of faith. It's involved with an outside group encouraging abstinance (pity, she's kinda hot). The school makes allowances for religious symbols.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    i agree with mo haveing your faith broken doesnt mean you "werent christian enough, omfg!", it's more likely a sign that you can seriously weigh your spiritual beliefs rather than just fall back on blind fanatiscism.
    believeing in a any gods or just one god is a monumental part of someones core, you could have been taking to a catholic church by your parents and pray every sunday but that wouldnt mean that you 100% believed in the 'god' just that you were raised that way, i know a few people who were raised to believe somethign but then as they gre wolder changed there religion adn there beliefs, its all a matter of perspective.

Yes, I agree with you and mo...this girl stood up for her beliefs and she even took it to court.
    If we don't stand up for our rights don't you see little by little they are being taken away from us. This girl was proving a point it has nothing to do with taking that ring off her finger, she still has her faith. Faith is within us and it can be torn down after time, thats why you have to stay grounded in your faith whatever belief system you have.
    Take it if a person tells you everday you are stupid after awhile you begin to believe it.Someone tearing you down like that does have a determental effect on a persons mind and spirit.
    I think this girl should be praised for standing up for what she believes in...I am proud of her!!! God bless her!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Faith is not tangible. There are physical representations or embodiments that people use as spiritual aids such as rosary beads. However, if forced to part with them does that mean that it's all over? It shouldn't be a big deal because that's just a worldly item.

United States
    i'm agreeing all over darth... you can take a ring, a rosary, a prayer shawl, a bible... that doesn't mean you've lost your faith because you dont have something to cling to. It simply means you've lost something that shows your faith or may be instrumental in practicing your faith but if you are indeed truly faithful then you will overcome... b'sides it wasn't a rosary or a bible... it was an ornamental ring

while its great she had a belief she was willing to stand up for this could all be a publicity stunt to raise awareness of faithful abstain programs like this girls parents began

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    i'm agreeing all over darth... you can take a ring, a rosary, a prayer shawl, a bible... that doesn't mean you've lost your faith because you dont have something to cling to. It simply means you've lost something that shows your faith or may be instrumental in practicing your faith but if you are indeed truly faithful then you will overcome... b'sides it wasn't a rosary or a bible... it was an ornamental ring

while its great she had a belief she was willing to stand up for this could all be a publicity stunt to raise awareness of faithful abstain programs like this girls parents began
    As i always say everyone has an agenda and that could very well be the case.

One interesting thing though. There are many instances where catholics and christians are abused and ridiculed and everyone is okay with it. However, try that with jews or muslims and there's an international uproar. christianity and catholicism definitely don't get the reverence they deserve as one 2 of the world's great major religions.

United States
    Well you'll have to forgive me personally if I have a hard time respecting some religons who protect their church leaders who are committing crimes...
    Last edited by MissJacksonCA; 19-Jul-2007 at 02:23 AM. Reason: didnt wana offend die hard rcs

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well you'll have to forgive me personally if I have a hard time respecting Catholics when their chuch leaders are busy molesting children and everyone else is busy protecting them... a grand assumption the scale of which we will never know because the church is a protected place ...
    But muslims murder in the name of god in some sick perversion of their faith, yet no one dares even print a cartoon of their prophet muhammed for fear of worldwide reprocussions. Meanwhile you can catch jesus on the next episode of south park.