View Poll Results: Will it become a classic?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 40.00%
  • No

21 60.00%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think Land will.....

United States

Do you think Land will.....

Become a classic like the first 3 dead films?

United States
    No.

Much of the reason for the others being so popular is because they went against the norm. Land is just like every other modern flick.

England
    No. SRP76 nails the reasons in his post above, there is nothing to seperate Land from any other modern day flick. Very Sad.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    It's possible many might soften on it over time, but it'll never be considered "classic."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    No.

Much of the reason for the others being so popular is because they went against the norm. Land is just like every other modern flick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Hoosier View Post
    It's possible many might soften on it over time, but it'll never be considered "classic."

I'll tell you what. The more zombie flicks i see, the better and better land looks. I think people will see that over time. I don't think that it will surpass its 3 predecessors though.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    The previous 3 all have at the very least TWO DECADES of fan worship and cultural positioning over on Land, so it's a kinda daft question...also a bit too simple really.

I guarantee however that Land will age well and haters will soften up to it and so on. Day crashed and bombed and then became a fan favourite, while I won't say the same for Land right now purely to avoid getting into an argument with the haters saying "no it won't, gol!" (), it will weather time far better than the likes of the Resi's or Yawn04 I say.

Ironic that somebody mentioned the other films going against whatever else was going on, meanwhile Land doesn't stick to the hater's specific visions of what 'Land should be' and gets blasted.

*taps fingers on desk...awaits the inevitable "it's not that, it just sucked, it didn't live up to what it was supposed to be, it didn't do this, nor that, nor the other, waaaaaah".

Anyway, I blates cast my vote as "yes", despite the question being a bit too simple for such a discussion/future prediction, in my view.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    No it's not, MZ! Land sucks!

Seriously though....I voted yes although I'm not very sure that's what I wanted to vote. Just like MZ says....it's a bit tricky. Even now while I think that it's a worthy addition to the series, I don't know if I could consider it a "classic" because the others have been part of history for so long. I went ahead and voted yes due to the fact that I know it will become more widely accepted in the future.

....wait a minute....this seems like an attempt for the haters to win a poll because the pro-land people stomped their asses on all the other polls.

Super Moderator

UK
    ....wait a minute....this seems like an attempt for the haters to win a poll because the pro-land people stomped their asses on all the other polls.
    ZIIIING! Nice shot, Sir.

Indeed, it's gonna take 20 years, or 18 now really, to see where Land will stand in comparison to the others on a fairer playing field, but even then there's still going to be a 20 year gap between Day and Land...a lot happens in 20 years, a lot of views, ideas and opinions change in 20 years.

Not only do I mean Day now in comparison to then, but I also mean Land in comparison to Day (and likewise the rest of the series) both in terms of GAR and in terms of us, the audience...as well as the production itself, the script too.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post

Um No. but if the haters want to see this as a victory then whatever....... I don't hate Land entirely it's just that alot of things should have been better. I mean jeez it should have blown Dawn '04 out of the water, but it did not.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The best thing that could happen to land in terms of increasing its popularity is diary sucking balls. Then there will be another film to crap on.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Chasing Prey

Canada
    day was not greatly received when it came to theaters,worse than land. but i guess people are morons who will go see a remake over the real mc coy. friggin limp wristers

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's true. The movie IQ of the average moviegoer is such that they aren't even aware that most of the crap that the movie studios peddle nowdays are either remakes of old fims or adaptations of novels comics or cartoons.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    It's true. The movie IQ of the average moviegoer is such that they aren't even aware that most of the crap that the movie studios peddle nowdays are either remakes of old fims or adaptations of novels comics or cartoons.

nothing could be truer than that. half the theater didnt understand the ending to the new alien vs predator movie

Super Moderator

UK
    I mean jeez it should have blown Dawn '04 out of the water, but it did not.
    In my (and I'm sure bassman's) opinion it did.

But see, this is the problem, and why I got fed up with the whole Day vs Land thread (and others prior) because it's all subjective to the individual mostly...and it just ends up being two opposing brick walls weathering slowly in front of one another.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    The best thing that could happen to land in terms of increasing its popularity is diary sucking balls. Then there will be another film to crap on.
    True, but from what I've seen it looks like Diary in gonna be alright......I just wish they would release a trailer or tv spot or something!

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    In my (and I'm sure bassman's) opinion it did.
    May the rest of the film, but Land just can't defeat the first 20 mins of Dawn '04

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    But see, this is the problem, and why I got fed up with the whole Day vs Land thread (and others prior) because it's all subjective to the individual mostly...and it just ends up being two opposing brick walls weathering slowly in front of one another.
    Come on Mr. Minion Zombie don't give up just yet!