Thread: Night Of The Living Dead 16x9

United States

Night Of The Living Dead 16x9

I saw this and was wondering if anyone had seen it yet. It claims it's a 16x9 version of NOTLD. http://www.amazon.com/Night-Living-D...085603&sr=1-48

Now, of course we all know that it wasn't shot this way so it would have to be cropped. However, I did little bit of tinkering with my 46" widescreen HDTV the other night and discovered that I really dig watching it in widescreen, even if you do lose a little bit of information, and even if some of the shots are a little tight from time to time. I'd love to see an HD version of the film that could both the original 4x3 version matted on black, and a cropped 16x9 version.

On my TV, I zoomed in and moved the screen down by 15 step (I have an old Sony Wega) and I raelly liked it. It's like discovering the movie all over again. If you set it up right, most of the action in most full-frame features (with the exception of subtitles and info text) takes place in the center and more toward the top of the screen.

I would encourage anybody to try it once and let me know what you get.

PEACE!
    xxxopher
    -There's Always Another Level-
    www.xxxopher.com

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Looks like they uploaded an AVI master of some kind and just did a 16x9 mask and exported it to 16x9
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Meh. I'm the kind of guy who will instantly turn a movie off if I notice it's been cropped in anyway.

Australia
    I once gave the blu ray of NOTLD a spin on my projector with it cropped to roughly 1.66:1. If someone had told me that it was composed for that ratio, I would've believed em. 1.78:1, on the other hand, was a little tight for my liking.
    "28 Days Later came out after we started (Dawn 04). Our zombies were running before we knew what their zombies were." - Zack Snyder, LIAR.

United States
    Man, that kind of sucks that the only Blu-Ray version they have is sold only on region 2. I think they should have a blu-ray release with a 16x9 option. I agree though, that the full 16x9 (1.85:1) version has some of the close-up looking just a LITTLE tight. I still like the widescreen look though.
    xxxopher
    -There's Always Another Level-
    www.xxxopher.com

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm all for Blu Ray.....but there's still something very funny to me about Night being on that format....