Thread: Interesting: Gas Prices in SF Bay Area - 2008

United States

Interesting: Gas Prices in SF Bay Area - 2008

Wow, how quickly things change.

***edited to add: not posted to start a political debate - leave it out of this thread. Just posted as an "interesting observation"
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 09-Sep-2010 at 07:11 PM.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    Wow, how quickly things change.
    I visited San Fran this Summer and those were most definitely not the prices. Sucks, no doubt about that.

***edited to add: not posted to start a political debate - leave it out of this thread. Just posted as an "interesting observation"
    You're not the boss of a' me!

Tippecanoe and Tyler too!
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 09-Sep-2010 at 07:43 PM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I visited San Fran this Summer and those were most definitely not the prices. Sucks, no doubt about that.
    I bet they weren't! Scary how things change over the course of just 2 short years, eh?

You're not the boss of a' me!

Tippecanoe and Tyler too!

Well, you know how things go around here... someone will blame bush, someone will blame obama, then it devolves into insanity.. (dogs and cats, living together, mass hysteria! That one's for you, BC! ) I just thought it was interesting to see how much 2 years can make a difference.

So what were the prices you were seeing there this summer? $3/4 per gal? Seems to be the norm in CA at this point.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 09-Sep-2010 at 08:17 PM.

Super Moderator

United States
    So what were the prices you were seeing there this summer? $3/4 per gal? Seems to be the norm in CA at this point.
    I want to say high 3s or low 4 dollar range. 3.80 something rings a bell, but it wasn't so memorable because NY prices are pretty ass-rapey themselves.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's crazy how gas is that expensive yet a gallon of milk still costs more.

Someone riddle me that one?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    I guess it's good I did that conversion on my car to make it run on gas instead of milk.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I want to say high 3s or low 4 dollar range. 3.80 something rings a bell, but it wasn't so memorable because NY prices are pretty ass-rapey themselves.
    Goddamn, that's insane. If I had to pay 4 bucks a gallon, I don't think I could afford to drive. I guess that means in a few years I'll be riding a scooter.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 10-Sep-2010 at 01:53 AM.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I guess it's good I did that conversion on my car to make it run on gas instead of milk.

Goddamn, that's insane. If I had to pay 4 bucks a gallon, I don't think I could afford to drive. I guess that means in a few years I'll be riding a scooter.
    Ummm, in the summer of 08 we were paying $4.00 a gallon... $4.25 in my neighborhood and the national average was $4.11, then after the election, job losses (Mostly this) which led to a decrease in demand we found ourselves overstocked on fuel (winter 08/09) then fuel prices dropped to about $1.57 in my area... but then the Saudi's and OPEC drastically slowed production down to get prices back up to the $2.25 a gallon range and higher because the lowest amount per barrel they will allow is $60.00 and now they are asking for $90.00 a barrell and are about to slow production again to get prices higher.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*